Prospect Info: 2015-16 Top 20 Flyers Prospects, #4

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Gotta be Gostisbehere... I don't mind having those others infront, but I think within a couple years, Gostisbehere could be the most dynamic of the group. I love his game and he will excel in the AHL next year. Such an exciting player

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Gotta be Gostisbehere... I don't mind having those others infront, but I think within a couple years, Gostisbehere could be the most dynamic of the group. I love his game and he will excel in the AHL next year

Was torn between Konecny and Ghost but I think Konecny will be a 60-70 point winger and Ghost a 2nd pairing offensive defensemen. Pretty close!

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Tough choice. Without knowing where Ghost is in his development since his injury, I was inclined to pick Konecny who I think will be a scoring stud on this team and sooner than some might expect.

However, if we see that Ghost's skating was unaffected by his injury, and he put on some good weight while training, I'd probably rank him over Konecny. I still believe he has the potential to be the best prospect of the bunch but none of these guys are in the NHL yet so we just won't know for a while who the best will be.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Gostisbehere. I think some forget just how good this kid is. That Phantoms team fell apart when he went down.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
Ghost only played 5 games with the Phantoms, I'd say their season took a turn for the gutter sometime around Christmas

Yeah and Travis hasn't played yet and also had an injury riddled season. I just don't see how gostisbehere isn't ahead of him, Gostisbehere may have been injured but you could see he has what it takes to be a really good defenseman, we haven't seen travis play against men yet

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Konecny. I feel like they share a sort of similar appeal with their offensive potentials, but Konecny brings other elements to his game that makes him feel more multifaceted. Plus if somebody asked me to bet on who had the better chance of making the NHL and fulfilling their potential today I'd have to say Konecny.

Our top five is pretty clear.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Ok with either. Went with Travis because of the injury to ghost last year. Need to see how well he bounces back. He should be fine but not everyone heals the same. Some never play the same way again. I think he can be unbelievable. Or he could be timid on the ice.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Ghost only played 5 games with the Phantoms, I'd say their season took a turn for the gutter sometime around Christmas

Record wise maybe, but he brought something else to the team they couldn't replace when he went down. He was their best player BY FAR and that included when they had Laughton in the lineup.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Konecny's one of my favorite prospects, but it's hard to not vote for Gostisbehere here. I think he's going to make a strong case for himself this year.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
This is as close as expected between Ghost and Travis K. 20:20 in votes so far.

I voted for Konečný but this was really tough one.

//21:21 haha. :laugh:

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
Going for Konecny, but it very close for me. Will be interesting to revisit this in a few years time, see how their potentials span out over time.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'd bet if there was room both Provorov and Ghost would be on the team this upcoming year.

Schultz-Streit
Provorov-Medvedev
Gostisbehere-Gudas

MacDonald healthy scratch

Del Zotto and Schenn traded

Schultz traded at deadline to make room for Morin.

2016-2017 defense

Provorov-Medvedev (resigned)
Morin-Streit
Gostisbehere-Gudas

Streit traded at deadline to make room for Sanheim.

2017-2018 defense

Provorov-Medvedev
Morin-Sanheim
Gostisbehere-Hagg

:handclap:

Ya never know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad