2015-16 Schedules, Training Camp, Rookie Camp, Media, Salary Cap, Draft Picks

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Bill Melzter has posted the practice lines on twitter. It'll be Schultz on the left and Streit on the right, though.

Where is B.Schenn?

EDIT: Found this: (Seems like Couturier is on two lines!)

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Medvedev hasn't looked prone to defensive gaffes yet and is still adjusting. I would also say most of the Flyers D are prone to defensive gaffes regardless. Streit, MDZ, AMac especially.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Medvedev hasn't looked prone to defensive gaffes yet and is still adjusting. I would also say most of the Flyers D are prone to defensive gaffes regardless. Streit, MDZ, AMac especially.

They'll come. I'm a big Medvedev supporter, had blindly hoped the Flyers would give him a look since the '10 Olympics, but the biggest knock on him is undoubtedly his defense. He'll be pushing play up ice, and pinching often...which is exactly what Hakstol wants, but I'm willing to bet good money he becomes a scapegoat for fans on numerous occasions this season.

Flyers are going to get caught in some offensive shootouts this year, and both ends of Medvedev's play will be a big reason why.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
If Hakstol's system is played the way he wants, then maybe not. You are assuming that the forwards won't help. Which is what happened with Berube, defense pinched, nobody supported, which turned into defense not pinching.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I thought Medvedev was pretty responsible paired with MDZ, his speed allows him to get back when MDZ leaves him out to dry, that was a problem with Schenn, he just couldn't get back fast enough.

If they move Schenn, the slowest D-man becomes Gudas, followed by MacDonald, Schultz and Streit. All five young D-man are faster than this group.

SchennSational1022*

Where is B.Schenn?

EDIT: Found this: (Seems like Couturier is on two lines!)

All indications show B.Schenn has been strictly a RW all camp, which is great to see. He's a much better player there. I really think Porter is making this team and hopefully pushing VDV out. Porter is a much better player.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
If Hakstol's system is played the way he wants, then maybe not. You are assuming that the forwards won't help. Which is what happened with Berube, defense pinched, nobody supported, which turned into defense not pinching.

Sure, everything sounds great if executed well. I've watched too much Philadelphia sports over the years to bank on great execution, although I do have a good feeling about Hakstol.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey

He has really looked good so far. And as far as the other three you listed Ron can do whatever he wants as far as I am concerned.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Not much of a ringing endorsement for Schenn there but honestly he hasn't earned one. He's scored twice, but he's looked mediocre at best apart from that. Still losing battles, still not that quick physically or mentally, still underwhelming.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don't think any of the veteran forwards have been impressive apart from the 1st line and maybe Simmonds. Umberger is definitely skating better but his overall game is no more than OK so far.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Chatter on Twitter that it was a jab at conditioning, Hextall and Hakstol feel that it is no excuse to come in outside of great condition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad