2015-16 OUA Thread

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
3-2 Guelph over Windsor in OT

Caught the game from the second period on. Wasn't really impressed with either team. Haven't see Ryerson play but I will still go with Guelph because of the D'Agostini factor.

I watched a couple of Guelph games in the playoffs last year as well. Their production value might be the best in the CIS.

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
OUA Playoff Pool- After Round 1

What a wild first round in the West! East was pretty open-and-shut.

recruiter - 11
Anchorcam - 10
Snipeshow91 - 10
connor macdavid - 9
Dutch - 9
blackmarketmob - 9
Drummer - 8
UNB Bruins Fan - 7
Finder24 - 7
northvanman - 5

Round Two will be two points for a correct team, with a one-point bonus for correct score.

#2 UWO v. #8 UofT
#4 GUE v. #6 RYE

#1 UQTR v. #4 UOIT
#2 MCG v. #3 CAR

-- --

Western 2-0 Toronto
Guelph 2-1 Ryerson
UQTR 2-1 UOIT
McGill 1-2 Carleton

recruiter

Jul 14, 2011
Western over Toronto 2-0
Western has too much fire power for Toronto to handle. If Toronto has any chance, Hunt has to be first star of the game

Ryerson over Guelph 2-0
Ryerson played well versus Guelph in regular season and Guelph has a lot of bumps/bruise. Dagger is key for Guelph success and Guelph could easily take this series as well. I think Ryerson peaking at right time

Uqtr over Uoit 2-0
Uqtr has too much fire power for Uqtr. O'neil would need stand on his head and they would have stay out of box for Uoit to win

McGill over Carleton 2-1
Speciality teams will win this series however I think McGill is tad better than Carleton. This was tough pick and I can see Carleton winning but McGill is built to win now

Last edited:

Finder24

Dec 22, 2015
Western vs Toronto (P: 2-0 WES)

U of T managed to keep their meetings close this season, but with a healthy Western team that has an immaculate defence at this level, I can't see Toronto scoring at the same rate they did vs York.

Ryerson vs Guelph (P: 2-0 RYE)

RYE is absolutely peaking at the right time, good track record vs Guelph, and if they steal game 1 on the road like I think they will, I don't see them losing at home. The longer this series goes, the more it favours Guelph, if you get D'Agostini on an off-night and don't take advantage of it, you'll end up paying in the long term. That said, Ryerson grinding out a low-scoring 2-1 win vs this team already this season, so they don't necessarily need D'Agostini to have a bad night to win.

UQTR vs UOIT (P: 2-1 UQTR)

As much as I believe in UOIT's suffocating defence, don't seem them winning this series. No offence was more potent in the regular season, and the goaltending and defence are good enough to win this series.

McGill vs Carleton (2-1 MCG)

This one could really be a coin toss between two class-of-the-league teams. I agree with the notion that special teams makes the difference here, and it's nearly impossible to bet against the McGill powerplay. If this series is anything like any of the 1st round matchups, look out, this one could be a classic.

northvanman

Jun 4, 2009
Oakville, ON
Schedule - Division Semis

Western vs. Toronto

Wed Feb 24 at Western, 7pm
Fri Feb 26 at Toronto, 7:30pm
Sun Feb 28 at Western, 7pm*

Guelph vs. Ryerson
Thu Feb 25 at Guelph, 7:30pm
Fri Feb 26 at Ryerson, 7:30pm
Sun Feb 28, at Gueph, 7:30pm*

UQTR vs. UOIT
Wed Feb 24 at UOIT, 7:30pm
Sat Feb 27 at UQTR, 4pm
Sun Feb 28 at UQTR, 4pm*

McGill vs. Carleton
Wed Feb 24 at McGill, 7pm
Fri Feb 26 at Carleton, 7pm
Sun Feb 28 at McGill, 8pm*

Anchorcam

Dec 21, 2015
Pleasantly surprised with how I did in round one, going to keep going with the gut feeling.

West
#2 UWO v. #8 UofT (P: 2-0 UWO)
#4 GUE v. #6 RYE (P: 2-0 RYE)

East
#1 UQTR v. #4 UOIT (P: 2-0 UQTR)
#2 MCG v. #3 CAR (P: 2-1 CAR)

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
Bold! I could actually see this happen - the 1-2 format favours UOIT. If they win Game 1, all the pressure shifts to the Patriotes.

Pats will not lose on home ice to UOIT. Even if the Ridgebacks play a perfect road game, things just happen at the Colisée...inexplicable, mysterious things....(and UQTR has the best offence in Canada lol) :laugh:

AdamMcg83

Oct 12, 2011
www.twitter.com
Been crunching some numbers on the parity-rich OUA West, since they went to the two-division format with 8 playoff teams in 2010. Some interesting tidbits:

- Toronto's win over York was the first time in either division that the #8 seed has beaten a #1. top seeds are now 13-1 in that 1-8 matchup (6-1 in OUA West)

- It's bad news (or bad luck) to be the #3 seed in the OUA West - or great luck to be the 6th seed. The third-seed is 2-5 since 2010, and two of the previous three division champs were 6th seeds (Guelph in '15, Waterloo in '13).

- Also interesting about that 3-6 thing - Waterloo has been involved in five of the last six 3-6 matchups - and the #6 has won every time (Waterloo won as the #6 seed in '11 and '13, lost as the #3 seed in '12, '15, '16).

- Other historical matchup records: #2 seeds lead #7 seeds 5-2, and #4 seeds lead #5 seeds 4-3.

- #1 and #2 seeds in the OUA East are basically untouchable in round one - the top two seeds in the OUA East are 14-0 all-time.

- Since 2010, the higher seed has a 17-11 record in the OUA West first round. In the east, that record is 23-5.

SnipeShow91

Aug 9, 2010
West

Western 2-1 over Toronto
Guelph 2-1 over Ryerson

East
UQTR 2-0 over UOIT
McGill 2-1 over Carleton

recruiter

Jul 14, 2011
3-1 Toronto over Western. 52 saves by Hunt. Delmas played ok. Cheap 3rd Goal

5-2 Carleton over Mcgill

Dutch

May 17, 2006
Trois-Rivières
If Toronto upsets Western...

MkYp7X0.gif

leafhky88

Mar 16, 2009
Toronto
Western vs. Toronto

Shots were pretty much in line with what I think most expected (54-28). The resulting score of 3-1 for Toronto was not.

Despite not being a strong team last year, Toronto was within one game of making the OUA West final last year before Guelph won 2 straight. Toronto finds themselves in the same position this year.

recruiter

Jul 14, 2011
Delmas made some big stops however Hunt did see majority of shots with no traffic and Toronto did well keep Western to outside. Full Credit to Toronto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad