2015-16 Oilers Prospect Camp (Invites: Tyler Soy, Loïk Léveillé)

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
I'm 5'9" and 195 lbs and I'm pretty solidly built. If I had to add on 30 lbs of muscle to equal Leveille, I'd look like a bodybuilder.

Are those stats accurate? That's carrying a ton of muscle for an 18 year old.

McEwen

Oct 19, 2009
Does anyone know if they are signing after the game? Or even where they were signing on the weekend?

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
I'm 5'9" and 195 lbs and I'm pretty solidly built. If I had to add on 30 lbs of muscle to equal Leveille, I'd look like a bodybuilder.

Well he looks pretty thick and solid from this video at the end of January. I wouldn't say 223 lbs. but he's got a wide build with big legs so I could see him being over 200 lbs. for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTmabRPsHnU

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton

Someone said he looks bigger than the 5'9" on the sheet. Weight could be wrong also...

Heck I went from 128-155lbs in six months and am gaining about a lb every week now. He might just love working out!

DarkSaturn

Sep 10, 2008
Léveillé is listed at 6'0" on all the prospect sites. Possible they just fubared the guide?

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
• Two 20-minute halves with seven minutes of 3-on-3 at the end (with regular rules and stoppages)

Guess we'll see how good McDavid is 3-on-3 :handclap:

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Those numbers are obviously wrong, there's no way you could be 5'9 228lbs and maintain a low enough body fat % to compete in major junior hockey. Either his height or weight are off by quite a bit. There are extreme diminishing returns when it comes to putting on muscle so to think that a person could keep adding muscle linearly is just wrong. After a year or 2 of resistance training, muscle gain tails off dramatically.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Why put McDavid and Nurse on the same team tonight? Wouldn't separating them and making more balanced teams be better? I guess Oilers don't want Nurse going hard and possibly injuring McDavid? lol.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Why put McDavid and Nurse on the same team tonight? Wouldn't separating them and making more balanced teams be better? I guess Oilers don't want Nurse going hard and possibly injuring McDavid? lol.

I don't this 100%, they've just been on the same team throughout camp so far.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
I know it's just one short video, but damn does he ever look good there. It still completely blows me away that he went undrafted.

I can't believe he wasn't drafted either. And yeah that video is pretty impressive. The footage John Moore has for that interview as you can see is only for games in Halifax against the Mooseheads. Not sure if that's just one game or multiple games from this past year though. Either way you can see Leveille likes to get in on the offense. He's not afraid to drop the mitts either.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
So McDavid vs Draisaitl RD#1 tonight?

Lets see how Nurse handles Draisaitl defensively..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad