2015-16 Oilers Prospect Camp (Invites: Tyler Soy, Loïk Léveillé)

McLotto 97

Believe in 13.5%
Mar 14, 2011
Edmonton
Sept 11 to sept 14. All I know

I am not sure but I think he was asking about the oiler rookie camp at the beginning of July. McDavid, LD, Nurse plus others will be there. 2 or 3 on ice sessions, they do that cooking challenge and get their individual work out programs for the summer.

Still has not been announced yet but usually 1-2 weeks after draft.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I am not sure but I think he was asking about the oiler rookie camp at the beginning of July. McDavid, LD, Nurse plus others will be there. 2 or 3 on ice sessions, they do that cooking challenge and get their individual work out programs for the summer.

Apparently you can learn a lot about players via a 2 minute cooking video according to Replacement! He's 1/1 so far! :lol:

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
Bump.

Do we have dates yet? I'm talking about the prospects camp, and not the rookie tournament.

boatsNhossa

Jun 24, 2015
It starts Monday. Sportsnet was talking about Mcdavids travel schedule the last month and then it said reports to oilers prospect camp on MOnday

Jun 9, 2011
Was this the one they held last year in Banff? I wonder if Ference is going to abduct them and take them into the forest again. It's funnier if you have international prospects with very little grasp of English ie Yakimov last year.. He must have wondered what he got himself into.

I think McDavid will really get into being an Oiler through this.. also, didn't they change the concept last year? It was more of a way to familiarize themselves with the organization than before?

Gret99zky

Worst Thread Ever
May 5, 2007
Gamma Quadrant
Whatever it was they did with that idiot Eakins they should not do this year.

Bring it back to Sherwood Park instead of hiding in the woods for 3 days.

Give the fans some access.

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria

Is nurse really going to attend for a third year? He's graduated out of the CHL, he's a pro now.

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
Heard Nicholson interview on the Oilers website saying we will see the Rookie camp at Rexall this year. Also Connor said he's going to be in Edm on Tuesday

Arctic Fox

Nov 17, 2007
Whatever it was they did with that idiot Eakins they should not do this year.

Bring it back to Sherwood Park instead of hiding in the woods for 3 days.

Give the fans some access.

How are they going to chop wood and carry water if they are not in the woods?

KenLinsemanFanClub

Sorry State
Nov 26, 2003
Isle of Van
There's a lot of good prospects that were overlooked. Tyler Soy, Justin Lemcke, Brett MacKenzie and Ken Appleby would be good invites. I wonder if Vladdy Hockey gets asked back as well?

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
Is nurse really going to attend for a third year? He's graduated out of the CHL, he's a pro now.

He's still a prospect though and will most likely start the season in the AHL. At least I hope so. It would be best for his development and I'm praying that we bring in some vets on D. Too many young guys on the back end as it is.

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

Marincin went for at least 3 years. Khaira went last year. Do you not want Greg Chase and Platzer to go since they graduated?

Also, believe it said July 1-6 were the development camp dates. Hope its not in Jasper again

Why

Jan 15, 2014
Edmonton
How are they going to chop wood and carry water if they are not in the woods?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! Thats good, I laughed my a** off reading that :laugh:

edit: So where/when is it and is it open to the public?

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
Marincin went for at least 3 years. Khaira went last year. Do you not want Greg Chase and Platzer to go since they graduated?

Also, believe it said July 1-6 were the development camp dates. Hope its not in Jasper again

I was asking a question, don't understand the reason for that tone. Personally, what do I want? Whatever oiler trainers think is best for the development of these guys, does nurse benefit from the camp or off-season training with nhl ers? Whatever is best.

I was asking about the cut off, does yak2 go? Does Reinhardt?

Topkatz

Jul 23, 2010
You would think there would be more information considering it will McDavids first showing as an Oiler...

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I remember a story about McDavid wearing his Marlies gear at the Otters camp because he insisted he had not made the team yet, even though he was drafted #1 overall with exceptional status.

Wonder if he wears his Otters gear at camp. Hahaha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad