2015-16 Line-up discussion - focus on D edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
I think we were always heading towards this line up, just Despres needed to get up to snuff. Now that he looks better I think we will have these pairings.

i really think BB is too obsessed with bieksa on the top pairing to do it. really hope he proves me wrong

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
i really think BB is too obsessed with bieksa on the top pairing to do it. really hope he proves me wrong

I think they've become much more obsessed with going lefty-righty than anything. Vats going down and Holzer going in really indicated that to me. Obviously no real choice once Bieksa also went down, but if everyone's healthy I have major doubts we see a lefty-lefty and righty-righty pairing.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
It just occurred to me that Josh Manson is going to be Johnny Boychuk without the big shot. And that's a huge compliment

Oct 18, 2011
despres should be with fowler, not bieksa
he is getting his game back and against the bigger teams i much prefer to have him out there with cam, than casual kev.

Oct 18, 2011
So without Perron, what are we looking like? Do we try Ritchie up with the twins? Do we split them up again?

ritchie is not ready for this he should be sent down, give kerdiles or noesen a shot, i am surprised at the amount of rope they are giving him considering he's not ready for this type of hockey

like i'll give you an example
getzlaf sprung ritchie for an attempt late in todays game, and ritchie because he's not ready just shot the puck as quick as he could because he doesn't have his goal scoring confidence for me that's an example of just trying to keep it too simple and not trusting his talent

ritchie reminds me of bobby ryan during his first stint with the ducks, he needs a strong summer and lose some of that body fat he has

mytduxfan*

despres should be with fowler, not bieksa
he is getting his game back and against the bigger teams i much prefer to have him out there with cam, than casual kev.

Agreed. Despres looks 10x better with Cam than with Vatanen/Stoner.

ritchie is not ready for this he should be sent down, give kerdiles or noesen a shot, i am surprised at the amount of rope they are giving him considering he's not ready for this type of hockey

like i'll give you an example
getzlaf sprung ritchie for an attempt late in todays game, and ritchie because he's not ready just shot the puck as quick as he could because he doesn't have his goal scoring confidence for me that's an example of just trying to keep it too simple and not trusting his talent

ritchie reminds me of bobby ryan during his first stint with the ducks, he needs a strong summer and lose some of that body fat he has

Fair point, but I'm not seeing how Kerdiles or Noesen would do any better.

IMO, Ritchie has improved significantly since coming up. He's still got a long way to go though. Not sure what the best option is, but dropping him now will do nothing for him mentally. If he finishes the season with the big club, he'll go into summer looking to improve. I just don't see Ritchie being an "I'll prove you wrong" kind of guy. Seems like the type more likely to quit than to show us up and I don't think that would be good for his development.

kdb527

Nov 16, 2010
Agreed. Despres looks 10x better with Cam than with Vatanen/Stoner.

Fair point, but I'm not seeing how Kerdiles or Noesen would do any better.

IMO, Ritchie has improved significantly since coming up. He's still got a long way to go though. Not sure what the best option is, but dropping him now will do nothing for him mentally. If he finishes the season with the big club, he'll go into summer looking to improve. I just don't see Ritchie being an "I'll prove you wrong" kind of guy. Seems like the type more likely to quit than to show us up and I don't think that would be good for his development.

You don't know what Kerdiles or Noesen can do until they get an opportunity. See Rakell....

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
You don't know what Kerdiles or Noesen can do until they get an opportunity. See Rakell....

Not really a great comparison because neither one is anywhere near as skilled as Rakell with the puck. You could see that with Rakell it was just a matter of putting everything together. Noesen isn't the guy you call up to play in your top 6. Kerdiles could possibly work, but I don't think he's a fit to play on a line with Getzlaf that works off the cycle.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
bookmarked for those salty ranger/buffalo/jet fans. :laugh:

also if they send ritchie down, and call someone else up I think they wont be able to call anyone else up after that?

I think we're at 2 of 4 allowed call-ups. So if we send Ritchie down and call up somebody else, we'd still have another call-up available. I can understand the rationale of trying to conserve their call-ups though, it's just that the situation for Ritchie isn't ideal IMO.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
The Perron injury is just another example of why the Maroon trade was so asinine.

Well we still have Santo that can come in, and Stewart should be back in a few weeks. Maroon doesn't replace Perron in the slightest. He would just be a warm body, which we already have in Santo and Stewart.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Well we still have Santo that can come in, and Stewart should be back in a few weeks. Maroon doesn't replace Perron in the slightest. He would just be a warm body, which we already have in Santo and Stewart.

No one on our roster will replace Perron in the slightest. However, if we need a LW for Getzlaf's line, Maroon is a much better option on the left side than those two. Plus, it'd allow us to have Ritchie in the AHL where he belongs. The point is that this is why you don't trade useful players right before the deadline for garbage returns.

As far as the lineup goes. My guess is:

Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg
McGinn-Rakell-Perry
Pirri-Getzlaf-Santorelli (Mother of god...)
Ritchie-Horcoff-Garbutt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad