2015-16 Around the League VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
When you **** up, might as well throw a check right?

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
Just thought I'd pop in and let you guys know that Despres looks like he'll play his first NHL game since Barrie hit him in the head. He took a few games in the AHL this week for conditioning and looked pretty good.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Just thought I'd pop in and let you guys know that Despres looks like he'll play his first NHL game since Barrie hit him in the head. He took a few games in the AHL this week for conditioning and looked pretty good.

Good to hear. I didn't even know he was still out because of that hit. Very unfortunate.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
To be fair they were going for a Stanley Cup.

Still, this one is going to sting for many years I'm afraid. What makes it worse it that they knew he was going to be good so it's not "out of nowhere" trade badluck.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
When you **** up, might as well throw a check right?

Shorthanded? This is some major league **** up. Less than 2 min left, they are on the pp, they lead by one goal and the goalie is out of the net?

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia

That's good to hear.

The Slovak league pretty much copied the NHL all star game format and judging from the reactions it was a success. The games seemed to have good tempo and were entertaining.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
December 1st, Montreal had 41 points and Colorado 21 points. Now Colorado have 55 points and Montreal 52 points.

I'm sure it's not a big deal. It's a very relaxed hockey market.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Good call Rangers giving him up for 1.5 years of Yandle

Rags are notorious for doing this. Even in this new era they still trade promising youngsters for that "chance"
Its why ive never committed to them as a fan even though im from NY and I live here now.
And to irk me more, Duclair looks like he could be another black star in the league. Playing in Arizona.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Rags are notorious for doing this. Even in this new era they still trade promising youngsters for that "chance"
Its why ive never committed to them as a fan even though im from NY and I live here now.
And to irk me more, Duclair looks like he could be another black star in the league. Playing in Arizona.

I'm so grateful that Patrick Roy made me a hockey fan or I would've ended up being a Rags fan as well as Knicks fan. James Dolan. The man is death for the expensive teams he owns, even with him being more hands off with hockey.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
LeBrun's tweeting about the WC team. 16 players must be named by March 2nd.

So Duchene has a month to make his case. I think he should already be there but another month like November wouldn't hurt.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Even if Trouba's not a direct comparable, any young defenseman getting a big deal will probably make Barrie and his agents very happy.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Even if Trouba's not a direct comparable, any young defenseman getting a big deal will probably make Barrie and his agents very happy.

I would agree, you don't want to get in a you're not better than Trouba argument... someone will pay him what ever he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad