League News: 2015-16 Around the League VI (NHL News n' Scores n' Stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
blue jackets score 2 goals in final 1:04 to tie game (one shorthanded and one with 8 secs left) and beat flyers in shootout

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Bruce Boudreau was on the nHL Network a few days ago and said something interesting...he has probably said this before. They asked about his team's turnaround and how he relates to players. He said he learned a very valuable lesson in Washington. He chose certain players over the team...said he will never make that mistake again. He said he is now tougher on players and he believes that is the way to go.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Blackhawks got killed again by Seguin-less Stars. Just 4 points ahead of Predators now and the Preds have game in hand. 'Hawks have 1 win in their last 7 and that was against the bottom feeder Jets.

Nashville desperately needs to get past them to stand a chance. If they can surpass 'hawks they can avoid getting the Kings in the 1st round.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Hawks could still be dangerous. Beware a wounded opponent. If they hit rock bottom with fans booing them after the 1st period it could be the shock they need.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Hawks could still be dangerous. Beware a wounded opponent. If they hit rock bottom with fans booing them after the 1st period it could be the shock they need.

Absolutely, they are still the team to beat.

Just mentioned that as we are reaching the stage where Kings and 'Hawks meet in the 1st round. That's propably the dream -scenario for Blues, Ducks and Sharks.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Well, I think we will play against Flyers in first round.

My prediction

PHI 4-4-1
W: ARI, WPG, OTT and TOR
L: COL, WSH and 2XPENS
OTL: NYI

DET 4-4-0
W: 2XMTL, BUF and TOR
L: PIT, MIN, BOS and NYR

So, Wings must win @ home vs Flyers in regulation, to be in PO.

edit: or even a win in SO will be ok, it will depend on how they will win their other games.
Wings with +1 ROW right now

Last edited:

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Answer honestly, did you test your predicting model?

Of course not:laugh:

my "model" was, W for PHI/DET = team lower than PHI/DET in standings. L for PHI/DET = team higher than PHI/DET in standings. And the OTL with NYI, because I don't know what to think about this (NYI) team.

But for COL and MIN even if they have less points, but I think they'll beat them because (west>east) like would say every expert from the main board :laugh:

Problem for Red Wings, they will play 2 "easy" MTL/TOR (i think) on back to back.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Tonight @ Devils, could be our last meaningful game in the regular season. Because on saturday, Dallas will play @ San Jose earlier than Blues @ Caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad