League News: 2015-16 Around the League VI (NHL News n' Scores n' Stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Rangers are repeating so far our results in Cali. Haven't watched their games against Anaheim and LA, but their results are identical to ours: 2-1W @ Anaheim and 3-4L @LA. That's scary, they are getting good by the playoffs, while we are in a slump.

If our results repeat each other, how do you reach the conclusion that we're moving in opposite directions?

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
If our results repeat each other, how do you reach the conclusion that we're moving in opposite directions?

Coz Rangers were struggling before and we were doing great. So in the past we were at different states. Now we are at the same state, that means either we are moving on opposite direction; or we are static and Rangers are moving toward us; or Rangers are static and we are moving toward them; or we are moving the same direction, but either our or their speed is significantly slow to compare to other one's speed, so one of us has caught other one.

Now I know we are struggling and in slump that gives me idea in what direction we are moving and that direction toward to the state where the Rags were before. Since we haven't gotten that much worse that means our speed is slow and since we met the Rags so soon that means Rags can't be either static or moving with us in the same direction. That means we are moving in the opposite direction and that's why despite our slow speed, we met so soon.

My logic can be off, but let me know if you see any holes on it!

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
The Rangers are 4 points from being in a wild card spot, and Pittsburgh has 1 game in hand against them. I wouldn't say they are getting good or peaking.

Fact is they are still a really mediocre team propped up by this generation's best goaltender, and their perceived stretches of good and bad play are basically just reflections of how well Lundqvist has played.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Coz Rangers were struggling before and we were doing great. So in the past we were at different states. Now we are at the same state, that means either we are moving on opposite direction; or we are static and Rangers are moving toward us; or Rangers are static and we are moving toward them; or we are moving the same direction, but either our or their speed is significantly slow to compare to other one's speed, so one of us has caught other one.

Now I know we are struggling and in slump that gives me idea in what direction we are moving and that direction toward to the state where the Rags were before. Since we haven't gotten that much worse that means our speed is slow and since we met the Rags so soon that means Rags can't be either static or moving with us in the same direction. That means we are moving in the opposite direction and that's why despite our slow speed, we met so soon.

The Caps have been leading the Metro by 18-20 pts for a few months now. As of this morning, WSH is up 17 pts on NYR, but have two games in hand, so that gap can stay at 17, or move to 18, 19, 20, or 21 depending how our games in hand go. The Caps are 6-3-1 in their last 10 while the Rangers are 5-3-2. I think using a two game sample size to determine the direction of the franchises is pretty flawed as larger sample sizes show that the gap -- at least points wise -- hasn't moved nearly at all. "Struggling" and "in a slump" is also highly subjective. They're not playing to their full potential, but a struggle or a slump, to me, infers that they're losing more than they're winning and that's not the case.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

Rags suck. They choked against the Wings, against the Kings and Lundqvist threw 2 fits in the past 2 weeks.

We're 6-3-1 in the past 10 and the Rags are 5-3-2. We've been slacking off recently but the Rags aren't catching up, we're still climbing faster. The Rags' home record is identical to our road record, and they have a losing road record. That doesn't bode well for them.

PucksInDeep

Oct 1, 2014
The Rangers are 4 points from being in a wild card spot, and Pittsburgh has 1 game in hand against them. I wouldn't say they are getting good or peaking.

Fact is they are still a really mediocre team propped up by this generation's best goaltender, and their perceived stretches of good and bad play are basically just reflections of how well Lundqvist has played.

I'd be beyond thrilled if the Rangers missed the playoffs

I've never understood how they're good, they have such a 'meh' roster IMO outside of Lundqvist (not that they don't have some good players, just overall pretty meh)

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The Dustin Brown conversation on the main boards is more entertaining than any Brooks Laich debate around here. Beloved player, makes $7.25 mil, due $38 mil over the next 6 years, is now a 30pt player. Apparently nobody but Kings fans can see his true value. Will be interesting to see how it plays out down the road.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
The Dustin Brown conversation on the main boards is more entertaining than any Brooks Laich debate around here. Beloved player, makes $7.25 mil, due $38 mil over the next 6 years, is now a 30pt player. Apparently nobody but Kings fans can see his true value. Will be interesting to see how it plays out down the road.

Terribly for the Kings, especially considering they haven't had a 1st round pick since 2012. They do not have cheap reinforcements on the way.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
As Trump would say, "HUGE" matinee game in Philadelphia today. Penguins vs. Flyers, and they still have two more games to play against one another after this.:popcorn:

The way the Flyers are playing I could see them eventually capturing the 3rd spot in the Metro Division with the Pens and Isles falling to the Wild Card spots and the Red Wings missing out.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
As Trump would say, "HUGE" matinee game in Philadelphia today. Penguins vs. Flyers, and they still have two more games to play against one another after this.:popcorn:

The way the Flyers are playing I could see them eventually capturing the 3rd spot in the Metro Division with the Pens and Isles falling to the Wild Card spots and the Red Wings missing out.

Really wish that one was on TV.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Pens putting on a clinic in Philly right now. Outshooting them and winning every race and battle. Up 3-1 after 2.

Feels like they are trending up, even without 71, and may wind up climbing past Isles and Rags in standings

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Flyers are playing like ****, their defense just can't get the puck out. The best line for Philly is the Couturier line, they're the only line that can get into the Pens' end.

Pens are playing a perfect game, but there's still 20 min left.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I have a more myopic approach, informed by one principle alone - i hate Pens. So i never enjoy seeing them play well. Also, havent Pens been red-hot too lately?

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Brian boucher kinda sorta throwing neuwirth under bus during Flyers intermission coverage. Said he was 'shocked' to hear that Neuwirth asked not to play today because he wasnt feeling right. Also said that makes it 'tough' for Mason, to play when he wasnt expecting to.

Not that i agree with Boucher, just pointing out tone of his comments

Last edited:

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Pens leapfrog Isles into 3rd place now. They outshot the Flyers something like 35 to 17. I was watching the Pens broadcast not the Flyers so I missed the talk about Neuvirth not playing. Thought it was odd that he was not playing after the game he had against the Red Wings. If Neuvy did ask not to play this one,:shakehead. Some things or people never change.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Pens leapfrog Isles into 3rd place now. They outshot the Flyers something like 35 to 17. I was watching the Pens broadcast not the Flyers so I missed the talk about Neuvirth not playing. Thought it was odd that he was not playing after the game he had against the Red Wings. If Neuvy did ask not to play this one,:shakehead. Some things or people never change.

He was the starter only when Mason was injured. When Mason returned he backed up for 5 straight before the Wings game. Not the #1 yet.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Haha Neuvy calling out sick once again :laugh:

What is his ratio of called out sick to GP? GAS Games Almost Started. No pun intended.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I miss the days when Flyers would goon it up, Fleury and Letang would melt down, and final score would be 7-5

That 2012 series was epic. The fights, the coaches losing their minds, the Couturier/Giroux hat tricks in the same game, the Pens almost comeback, Fleury and Bryz couldn't get a single grip and of course The Giroux Shift. Wasn't there even a hair pulling incident? :naughty:

I want to re-watch that whole series in its entirety so badly but youtube doesn't have it. :cry::cry::cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad