League News: 2015-16 Around the League V (NHL News n' Scores n' Stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Something has to give with Nash. Would anyone take a flyer on him if the Rangers eat salary? Chicago paid Carolina to take Versteeg...maybe they're open to the same with Nash?

I don't understand why Nash would be the cap victim (but I haven't really been focused on the Rangers' cap situation either).

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Anyone else think there is any truth to the rumors Dater is tweeting about the Avs making a big time deal? He posted about them possibly shopping Varly, Duchene getting moved this season, and Iggy looking to move on if they aren't a contender by the TDL.

Out of all of them, I would say the Iggy rumor makes the most sense due to his age and not having a cup

Dater was fired last year. This just reeks of him firing off hairball rumors to try and get attention.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Dater was fired last year. This just reeks of him firing off hairball rumors to try and get attention.

I initially thought the same thing but why would he just make this stuff up if he was trying to better his career? It's one thing to get readers and attention toward your posts (especially at Bleacher Report) but I can't see a guy like that going full Eklund when he's been in the business for so long.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
From Friedman's 30 thoughts this week (paraphrase) - apparently at the GM meetings, they were revisiting the coach's challenge, and two of the Caps reviews (Beagle overturned, Calvert upheld) were used as examples (of four total examples). The consensus was apparently "don't overturn goals based on incidental contact".

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
From Friedman's 30 thoughts this week (paraphrase) - apparently at the GM meetings, they were revisiting the coach's challenge, and two of the Caps reviews (Beagle overturned, Calvert upheld) were used as examples (of four total examples). The consensus was apparently "don't overturn goals based on incidental contact".

Caps are now literally the poster child for this problem. Holy ****.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Caps are now literally the poster child for this problem. Holy ****.

They should call it the "Capitals challenge". Get one Caps goal overturned for free per game!
This stupid league has been screwing us over for years with goalie interference. The worst was that goal scored on us in game 7 in the playoffs against Philly, or Ward's goal in game 5 vs the Rags last year. Utter BS

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Brutal contract.

Zetterberg deserves half of that money, he only eclipsed 40 points by having Z next to him for 80% of his ice-time last season. Previous career-high before that was 10 goals and 28 points.

Detroit better hope he finds that scoring touch he had when he played in Mona Shores High School Sailors in '03-'04 and scored 37 goals in 28 games. :sarcasm:

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Brutal contract.

Zetterberg deserves half of that money, he only eclipsed 40 points by having Z next to him for 80% of his ice-time last season. Previous career-high before that was 10 goals and 28 points.

Detroit better hope he finds that scoring touch he had when he played in Mona Shores High School Sailors in '03-'04 and scored 37 goals in 28 games. :sarcasm:

Doan once told Abdelkader: "You play with Zetterberg and Datsyuk and only have 11 points. You should be ashamed of yourself."

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Not sure why his connections would be suddenly gone because he isn't working for the same paper.

He may still have his connections (or may not, if they stopped talking to him when he was fired), but he certainly doesn't have an editor above him or a paper's reputation to uphold any longer. He's pretty much free to spout whatever crap he wants.

Jun 15, 2007
Islanders lose again.

I find myself happy when they lose. Odd, I used to like them quite a bit.

Guess that's what playoff series do to you. Not to mention the incessant whining about Wilson's clean hit on Visnovsky.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
I giggle when I saw MAF numbers and the team goal dif. You get that kind of goal tending and you're a +4…

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
screw the isles. they humiliated the caps for so long...

i reveled in the Milbury era.

and anyway, fewer good teams in the Metro is fine by me.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Sasha Semin slowly working his way back into the Habs lineup. Therrien says that he has noticeably improved his pace since getting scratched and that he will get his chance. I hope it works well for him.

ForzaItalia

Mar 23, 2008
Toronto, ON
Looks like the Art Ross is wide open this season.

Crazy that last year Crosby had 25 points after 16 games and still didn't win the Art Ross. This year he has 9 points after 16 games with no even strength goals.

Sid has 69 points in his last 80 games. Will be tough for him to win the Art Ross this season. He needs to play at a 100 point pace (1.23 ppg) now without missing any games just to hit 90 points on this season.

Sid has 197 points in his last 173 games, a 1.14 ppg.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
lol and they said things were going to different in Edmonton this year. Kings score literally two goals off of turnovers where the shooter just puts it on net after turning their whole body around...not even looking at the net.

Devils roughed up the Pens pretty good tonight. **** the Rangers as usual they never lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad