League News: 2015-16 Around the League V (NHL News n' Scores n' Stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Columbus didn't have a shot on goal in the 2nd period and managed to beat the Kings. :laugh:

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I think that Pronger is a ******, a cheat, a liar and I would have personally paid $250 when I was young and didn't have much money to have him on the Caps. Phenomenal player.

Byfuglien (as a forward then) - Pronger was an epic match-up at the 2010 playoffs.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Tampa still bogged in mediocrity at 7-7-2. Of all the surprises this season, this one is tops to me.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
More surprised by that than 5-7-2 Anaheim? Or more specifically, the 1-7-2 Anaheim of a week ago?

I should have been more specific -- I meant **pleasant** surprises. If Tampa flounders this year that is one HUGE obstacle out of our way.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
More surprised by that than 5-7-2 Anaheim? Or more specifically, the 1-7-2 Anaheim of a week ago?
The 1-7-2 was shocking but the Ducks starting to pull out now. I like BB, but not completely shocked they had a dip. Bolts still just barely moving along is still the biggest one though.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Anyone else think there is any truth to the rumors Dater is tweeting about the Avs making a big time deal? He posted about them possibly shopping Varly, Duchene getting moved this season, and Iggy looking to move on if they aren't a contender by the TDL.

Out of all of them, I would say the Iggy rumor makes the most sense due to his age and not having a cup

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Moving Iggy makes sense, but the Avs would be stupid to move Duchene and Varly, unless they got an equal package in return. They already moved ROR this summer, not going to move another C.
Many teams would kill to have the MacK-Duchene combo down the middle.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
All those scorers of Autumn... Glad Ward is doing good, but it doesn't matter who has the same amount of goals as Ovi right now :P

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I think the Marleau talk has died down around here with Kuz emerging, but if you still had any hopes for him you can forget it.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/sharks/source-sharks-marleau-would-accept-trade-one-three-teams

Rongos, Ducks or Kings. That's it.

Ducks or bust it seems.

With Kings or Ducks, it's Sharks shooting themselves in the leg if they want to go anywhere in the playoffs. Kings don't even have anywhere near the cap space to add him, and even less so for next season if they want to keep Kopitar and Lucic. Ducks could potentially add him since they have the cap space there.

Rangers don't have the cap space now. They also need to re-sign some of their key RFA's, along with Yandle who will no longer be a bargain (ARI retained 50%). Sharks traded their 1st round pick for Jones so retaining salary to move one of their best players would be a terrible idea since there is zero chance to get upgrade to Marleau back.

If it's true that it's Marleau pushing towards the trade, then that list will propably expand very shortly.

I would have some interest in him if Sharks retained half of his salary but for the aforementioned reason, i doubt they are willing to do that. Zero interest @ that 6.6m cap hit.

Leafs just beat the Stars again. 3 wins in 15 games and 2 of them against the top team in the West. :laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->