2015-16 AHL Ontario Reign - going back to Cali, Cali, Cali...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Amadio looked good to me in his first two games. Limited ice time once Ontario buckled down and protected the lead, but earlier in game 2 was given some PP minutes on the second unit. Didn't look out of place at all. Actually looked like he wanted the puck. But... they arent that far yet. On another note, he's not big at all, but probably big enough to pass the Sutter rule. If I had to be Sutter, and he was at both games, I'd say he was probably impressed. The kid just had that feel that he knew his way around a hockey rink, and Im sure DS sensed that.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Amadio looked good to me in his first two games. Limited ice time once Ontario buckled down and protected the lead, but earlier in game 2 was given some PP minutes on the second unit. Didn't look out of place at all. Actually looked like he wanted the puck. But... they arent that far yet. On another note, he's not big at all, but probably big enough to pass the Sutter rule. If I had to be Sutter, and he was at both games, I'd say he was probably impressed. The kid just had that feel that he knew his way around a hockey rink, and Im sure DS sensed that.

Yeah his pro IQ was there for sure. I don't mean to bash North Bay and they do play systematically so he gets that already, but I knew that given top-notch puck support that Amadio would be even better, despite stronger competition. I expect he'll only get bigger and stronger, one of his greatest attributes is reportedly his work ethic. I think we've got a player on our hands.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Any word on Ladue reporting to Ontario? Working with the development team along with Spencer Watson, Schmalz, etc. (not that he will probably get in any playoff games - but one never knows)

And what about Cernak, Marchment?

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
The Gulls today called up Ryan Faragher (G) from the ECHL Utah Grizzlies. Normally this wouldn't be something I'd comment on, but the Grizzlies are in the middle of a second-round ECHL playoff series against Fort Wayne - so I can't imagine that this is just a "precaution". To me, that says that the Gulls don't think Khudobin will be ready for Game One on Thursday, perhaps not even after that, so Faragher will be backing up Hackett between the pipes.

Hackett/Budaj during the regular season happened twice, with one team winning each game. Khudobin/Budaj happened seven times -- the Gulls won five (one in OT, one in SO, three in regulation), the Reign won 2. So, a very small sample size, but one that trends positively for the Reign in comparison to if Khudobin was going to be in nets for the Gulls.

Just something else to gnaw on as we prepare for this series. I just locked down tickets for Game Three in Ontario (I unfortunately have a conflict for Game One), Section 102 if anyone wants to say hello :)

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015

losingsand

Apr 13, 2007
Pasadena, ca
wagner stuck out to me in rookie camp as having noticeable speed. Let's hope he pans out, he seemed to have mixed reviews after rookie camp, i sided on him being an exciting prospect to watch.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
You don't mess around. :)
-----------------------------

You can hear the audio stream of tonight's opening series game between the Ontario Reign and the San Diego Gulls at www.ontarioreign.com

Follow game coverage also on Twitter at

twitter.com/ReignInsider
twitter.com/sheng_peng
twitter.com/ontarioreign
broadcaster twitter.com/JoeyZReign

and

Video interviews with players and game highlights available on Ontario Reign YouTube channel and Ontario Reign twitter account.

Game 1 starts at 7 p.m. tonight.

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
You don't mess around. :)
-----------------------------

You can hear the audio stream of tonight's opening series game between the Ontario Reign and the San Diego Gulls at www.ontarioreign.com

Follow game coverage also on Twitter at

twitter.com/ReignInsider
twitter.com/sheng_peng
twitter.com/ontarioreign
broadcaster twitter.com/JoeyZReign

and

Video interviews with players and game highlights available on Ontario Reign YouTube channel and Ontario Reign twitter account.

Game 1 starts at 7 p.m. tonight.

You can also follow me @SirJDL. Will be there for all Reign home games and potentially all San Diego games (Game 4 maybe not)

:) Sorry had to plug it.

Got a bit of a series preview right here with some keys and roster thoughts. Check it!

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=76802

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kempe is really elevating his game here in the playoffs, the guy is a madman, anyone questioning his status as a prospect is missing out, the raw tools are just amazing, he's gonna be an NHLer, his ultimate ceiling is the question...he could maybe crap out as a many-tools 3rd liner Cogliano type, or he could be Kopitar. Honestly. It's hard to say.

And my god Dowd just made a beauty passing play on the 2nd goal, there has to be video somewhere, whole arena just exploded

Sam

Feb 27, 2002
Amadio with his first point. Creates a turnover and then feeds Lowry. Reign up 3-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad