2015-16 AHL Ontario Reign - going back to Cali, Cali, Cali...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Come on, Reign. Avenge us!

They failed. Played exactly like the Kings usually do. Out shoot a team by a fairly wide margin and still end up losing. I went to the game to get over the Kings being eliminated and the Reign lose. It's been a rough week.

Side note, I did get to meet Evgenii Nabokov and shook his hand so that was cool.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Well, mistakes cost ONT game 2 after seeing the video this morning. MacDermid trying to clear the zone with a backhand pass up the middle, Forbort turning the wrong way on his man along the boards getting beat, and MacDermid and LoVerde giving SJ rush too much room and they executed and nice tip in play. We should beat this team, but we need to get traffic in front of Dell. He is a solid goaltender. Plus, the ONT PP seems to be a mess. I was unable to listen to the game last night. Was Schultz still on the point on the PP like game 1? It just boggles my mind. It should be Backman/LoVerde and Gravel/Ebert or a combination thereof.

Good to see Brodzinski continue to deliver. The top line really needs to get it going. This series is almost like WASH-PHI, where one teams should clearly beat the other. Come on Reign, let's take it to them on home ice. Glad they at least got the split.

Sheng Peng

Besides the headline stuff, a lot of good quotes here. Biss talks about why he likes the AHL playoff format, Stothers on talking to Amadio's North Bay coach Stan Butler, and Wagner gets specific about how he improved his game this past year. Also, Wagner used to compare himself to Jannik Hansen...who does he try to play like now?

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Mike Stothers is a boss...

Stothers comments on Amadio possible playing first AHL game "See what the kid is made of".

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Besides the headline stuff, a lot of good quotes here. Biss talks about why he likes the AHL playoff format, Stothers on talking to Amadio's North Bay coach Stan Butler, and Wagner gets specific about how he improved his game this past year. Also, Wagner used to compare himself to Jannik Hansen...who does he try to play like now?

I had to come over here to quote Stothers' response to the question if he had spoken to Michael Amadio's junior coach Stan (since Amadio could play on Thursday.)

MS: I haven't talked to Stan yet. I know Stan very well from our days of coaching against each other in [OHL]. I'm planning on phoning Stan.

But when you call Stan, you got to have a lot of extra time on your hands, because he likes to talk. I don't. So that's one of those ones where you've got to schedule yourself a four-hour window in the afternoon. Right now, I don't have that much time to give anybody.

:laugh:

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I like this one from Sheng's article.

JFTC: You guys haven't been able to consistently get to the high-traffic scoring areas as much against San Jose. Is it more a mental thing, something you guys aren't doing, or a physical thing, where they're preventing you from getting there?

Mike Stothers: Thing is, they always say in scouting reports, he doesn't like traffic. Well, name a goalie who does like traffic. I drive around California, I don't like traffic. It's just the way it is. Who the hell likes traffic? Nobody.

I think Stothers could take on Sutter in a post game press conference battle. It would be epic.

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
I like this one from Sheng's article.

JFTC: You guys haven't been able to consistently get to the high-traffic scoring areas as much against San Jose. Is it more a mental thing, something you guys aren't doing, or a physical thing, where they're preventing you from getting there?

Mike Stothers: Thing is, they always say in scouting reports, he doesn't like traffic. Well, name a goalie who does like traffic. I drive around California, I don't like traffic. It's just the way it is. Who the hell likes traffic? Nobody.

I think Stothers could take on Sutter in a post game press conference battle. It would be epic.

Stothers gold quote. Good for one about every six days or so. Talking to this guy is a pleasure.

Also, interested to see what Amadio has to offer. Big spot for him.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Also, interested to see what Amadio has to offer. Big spot for him.

No doubt Jason. Do you have a press pass for CBA?

Game 3 is absolutely critical. Almost a must win. I hate that the AHL has a 5 game series in the first round. It's just ridiculous after such a long season. I liked Stothers opinion about that too.

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
No doubt Jason. Do you have a press pass for CBA?

Game 3 is absolutely critical. Almost a must win. I hate that the AHL has a 5 game series in the first round. It's just ridiculous after such a long season. I liked Stothers opinion about that too.

Indeed

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
We'll have to see who checks in after the game. Ontario is up 1-0. Kempe goal (playing center) from Mersch. Centers Horvat and Crescenzi are out tonight so center Amadio is also in, centering Auger and JST.

ETA:

Last edited:

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
This game was ridiculously one-sided until the last 5 minutes or so. I thought Gravel and Forbort looked good paired together. At least one of them needs to be a regular next season on the big club. Kempe gets some mustard on his snap shots. Still only 19, I hope he takes a major step forward next season and earns a call-up at some point.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah if Forbort looked as confident in the NHL as he does in the AHL, he'll stick. Just so tentative there. And that's where Gravel's poise trumps Forbort, but yeah, man, they just wreck so much ice together, heh, no room around those sticks for opposing forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad