2014 World Junior Thread

Tom13Falcons

Aug 16, 2013
Is he soft/weak or is he small? There's a difference between needing toughness/strength and needing size, IMO.

Anywho, nice assist on the PP by Sonny!

Look at Atkinson for a minute they are practically same shape. You have to remember that being weak doesn't make a difference in being a good or bad hockey player, this guy was supposed to be a freshmen in college this year.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Look at Atkinson for a minute they are practically same shape. You have to remember that being weak doesn't make a difference in being a good or bad hockey player, this guy was supposed to be a freshmen in college this year.

It does make a difference for sure. Even guys like Datsyuk that never get hit would surprise people with his strength and regardless of what people say he is no Kane in terms of elusiveness. He definitely needs to add strength before the next level. Looks like he has everything else though

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
If Heatherington is boring then Collins should be enough to put someone to sleep. At least Heatherington has shown in juniors that he can contribute some offense :laugh:

I just mean he doesn't obliterate people with hits or make end to end rushes. He's safe and has awesome break out passes plus a really good skater. He is definitely better then Collins and more noticable :laugh:

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I just mean he doesn't obliterate people with hits or make end to end rushes. He's safe and has awesome break out passes plus a really good skater. He is definitely better then Collins and more noticable :laugh:
Well, I do enjoy having both of them as prospects. Having some BIG bodied, stay at home shut down Dmen will be nice for CBJ. Closest thing to shutdown D we have right now is Tyutin (who isn't that big, aging, more of a TWD I think) and Prout (who has had his moments..)

Definitely a nice change of pace from the Erixon, Reilly, etc. types

another assist for Sonny!

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Good job by Reinhart there to ice the game. Solid effort by USA but simply outmatched. Demko played really well, had some unfortunate bounces come his way but that's hockey for ya.

Reinhart is crazy smart. Not flashy or anything but he never makes the wrong play... Pretty jealous of Buffalo

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Reinhart is crazy smart. Not flashy or anything but he never makes the wrong play... Pretty jealous of Buffalo

Reinhart will be good at the next level. What are your impressions of Domi. He is always around the puck with some pretty good hands.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Reinhart will be good at the next level. What are your impressions of Domi. He is always around the puck with some pretty good hands.

Domi has been Canada's best player. Never seems to panic, pretty smart and always loves to be in the middle of the play whether its an offensive chance or a scrum. He's just one of those guys that wants to be THE guy

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Domi has been Canada's best player. Never seems to panic, pretty smart and always loves to be in the middle of the play whether its an offensive chance or a scrum. He's just one of those guys that wants to be THE guy

He is in the middle of everything. If he keeps up his play, the Coyotes will be happy.

Canada played well, US trying to force the neutral zone passes with most of them getting picked off going the other way. Canada should win gold, if they play like they did tonight, the rest of the way.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
He is in the middle of everything. If he keeps up his play, the Coyotes will be happy.

Canada played well, US trying to force the neutral zone passes with most of them getting picked off going the other way. Canada should win gold, if they play like they did tonight, the rest of the way.

Canda can roll 4 lines with speed and skill (minus Gauthier and Paul in the speed department) and the US has a really young D thats showed it's age. Should be interesting but being Canadian I have really high hopes that this is the year

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Canada - Denmark in the QF, feel bad for Denmark.. Possible double digit win for Canada?

With Sorensen in net? Doubt it.Denmark could be what Switzerland usually is to Canada, a team that will surprise if you take them lightly. They have no depth at all but the Bjorkstrand-Ehlers-Eller line is one of the better ones in the tournament and dont need a ton of chances to score. That being said it should be a pretty easy win...

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Canda can roll 4 lines with speed and skill (minus Gauthier and Paul in the speed department) and the US has a really young D thats showed it's age. Should be interesting but being Canadian I have really high hopes that this is the year

I love watching Canada-US WJC and Olympic matchups. It brings out the best in these guys. I think Canada played their best game so far and played with some snarl that was missing from earlier games.

You're right about the US Defense. I think the US plays with too much flash, they are best going north-south and not trying to find the perfect setup. Canada exploited that tonight.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
With Sorensen in net? Doubt it.Denmark could be what Switzerland usually is to Canada, a team that will surprise if you take them lightly. They have no depth at all but the Bjorkstrand-Ehlers-Eller line is one of the better ones in the tournament and dont need a ton of chances to score. That being said it should be a pretty easy win...

It Will defo be an easy win.. I know George has been standing on his head, but This is the QF, and Canada are not just going to Cruise like against, Say Germany.

Hence me feeling bad for Denmark.

Denmark might score, but Canada Will score alot more :laugh:

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

They will keep it close if they can get some PP. They have a really good PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad