2014 World Junior Thread

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
Bjorkstrand had one of the most dominating performances I've seen at the WJC. Goal, Assist, a crossbar or two, a few key defensive clears on PK, and he did it playing
center against a good (although undisciplined) team. Denmark has an outside shot at a medal if they keep playing like that. He's not very far off, and even though he's pretty raw, his potential is probably higher than any of our prospects.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Heatherington playing for team Canada tonight

I'll be watching him and this McDavid superstar everyone is talking about, I've not seen him play before

Last edited:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Bjorkstrand had one of the most dominating performances I've seen at the WJC. Goal, Assist, a crossbar or two, a few key defensive clears on PK, and he did it playing
center against a good (although undisciplined) team. Denmark has an outside shot at a medal if they keep playing like that. He's not very far off, and even though he's pretty raw, his potential is probably higher than any of our prospects.

They definitely won't medal but they could be Swiss like and give teams that aren't ready for them a hard time. It's 3 people carrying the team, not really a recipe for success but can cause problems. Bjorkstrand was very impressive though. Probably one of the better shots in that age group. Quick and can pick his spots plus add that to his much better skating ability and that pick is looking better and better every game.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
If Bjorkstrand could hit net he'd have 3 goals by now, missed the net a few times and just wrang one off the post, but had the goalie completely beat. Also noticed he back checks harder than anyone else out there, if he could learn to stop pitching hay(skating with two hands on his stick) he would be so much faster

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Bjorkstrand just named player of the game for Denmark in their bout with Sweden at the WJC. Seriously is so impressive to watch. Absolutely flies. Absolute laser of a shot. Proud to have him as a Jackets prospect.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Button on the Danes:

"HBI 1: DENMARK IMPRESSING
Denmark is sure to be more than cannon fodder in Group B. The Danes are the first team in memory promoted from Division I to come in and demonstrate they can play on an equal footing with incumbent World Junior Pool A teams. Russia had no players better than Nikolaj Ehlers and Oliver Bjorkstrand and were fortunate to escape with a shootout victory."

Bjorkstrand better than anyone on the Russians? Wow, lucky us.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
PerkyDigitalArcherfish.gif

He's learning to use the other side of his stick! There's hope still!!

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Going to be a great game. Canada has only allowed 1 goal all tournament. Granted, against Germany, Slovakia, and Finland, but still impressive. Go USA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad