GDT: 2014 World Championships Thread

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Backlund with 2/3 goals in Sweden's win over SVK... :handclap: Much respect to him and Nyquist who actually bothered to come over from NA. (can also mention Erik Gustafsson and Mattias Ekholm. Might have forgotten someone.)

I sincerely hope Mikael can put his injury troubles behind him and continue working on becoming a truly elite 2WC.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Backlund with 2/3 goals in Sweden's win over SVK... :handclap: Much respect to him and Nyquist who actually bothered to come over from NA. (can also mention Erik Gustafsson and Mattias Ekholm. Might have forgotten someone.)

I sincerely hope Mikael can put his injury troubles behind him and continue working on becoming a truly elite 2WC.

Likewise. Nothing would please me more than seeing him in the 2018 Olympics (honestly he should've been there this year, but c'est la vie).

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
Here's a tip: put all your vCash on the heavy favorites. You get 50 back, plus like a 5% return on your initial investment. I lost it all on the Avalanche but thanks to the WC I'll be back in the game in no time. Tomorrow it's all in on Sweden vs. Italy. I'll get like 80 vCash back.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
That is just filthy, and he went short side.

I'm pretty confident that he'll be in our opening night lineup come next year. I don't think this kid will ever play a game for the Heat.
I'm pretty sure no one will play a game for the Heat again.

Thanks for rubbing it in though :cry:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
853700970.gif

The hype is real.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It's worth noting that this tournament contained the only two-game stretch where Johnny Gaudreau failed to record a point this entire year at any level. Boy's got some 'splaining to do.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

This is how it starts, yeah. First they go two games without a point, and if you aren't willing to step on that right away they go to three, then four, then 82. I hope Burke has had stern words with him already.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
This is how it starts, yeah. First they go two games without a point, and if you aren't willing to step on that right away they go to three, then four, then 82. I hope Burke has had stern words with him already.

I mean, he's already at a disadvantage with his lack of truculence, and now he goes two games without a point? Just unacceptable. We should probably think about trading him while his value is still somewhat decent.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I mean, he's already at a disadvantage with his lack of truculence, and now he goes two games without a point? Just unacceptable. We should probably think about trading him while his value is still somewhat decent.

I think we should still get a 4th? 5th? for him. Move him now while they still think he is hot!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad