OT: 2014 World championship

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Meh. Sometimes losing early to an inferior team can actually help the team collect its collective heads out of their ***** and realize that international games are tough.

I've never liked this tourney. All the best players are usually still playing in the NHL playoffs, so what is the point?

that's half the intrigue, get to see some players that the spotlight is not usually on.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
Why is Turris with Chimera? Put MacKinnon on his wing

This team has no chemistry, very awkward to watch

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
that's half the intrigue, get to see some players that the spotlight is not usually on.

Agree completely. It is fun when we have a powerhouse too but most of the tippy top veterans don't bother to do this event anyway...MacKinnon is going to be a superstar next year - what an amazing player.

How about the Nord/Avs in relatively recent history? Sakic, Sundin, Nolan, Forsberg, Kariya, Selanne, Bourque, Roy...I am not saying the Duchesne or MacKinnon are in their league yet but both still have lots of room (I still cannot believe MacKinnon isn't 19 until just before next season starts...) to grow.

Lots of fun players for them to watch over the years.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
This is the first year where I've had no interest in WC. I haven't watched a single minute yet. I hope I will catch some games eventually, but I just don't know why... I watched in 2010 when they had an awful roster. I used to religiously watch it even when most people didn't care. I don't know what happened. :(

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
This team is showing signs of coming together. Hopefully they wise up and play Scrivens for the games that matter in the medal round. I just have zero confidence in Reimer in anything resembling a big game. Scrivens, in the meantime, had a great season in the NHL, maintaining a high save percentage even while playing behind that dumpster fire known as the Oilers' D.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
How's our number 1 center doing?

He's Canada's number one centre also. He only has two points in three games, but he is a plus three, tied for best on the team, and was named player of the game in one of the games. He is clearly "the guy" over there - during the medal round, he will be logging 20 minutes a game, guaranteed.

There's definitely something to be said for experience with the international game and international ice. Very few players on Team Canada have it - Kevin Bieksa, for instance, has never played for Canada at any level at any time, and is playing his first games on the international ice. He's our captain, which tells you everything you need to know about how deep our team is (or isn't). Heck, it's even different for goalies, as all of their angles change on the big ice. As this tournament wears on, though, you'll probably find that Canada starts figuring out how things work when playing in Europe, and will make the right adjustments.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
Video on TSN website shows Turris' two assists. One was a deflection that turned into a rebound for Read, and the other was a 2 on 1 SH pass to Read.

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
Turris and Matt Read look good together. Lets trade for that guy, he is a good penalty killer too

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Shortie by Turris from Read today.
Turris and Read look deadly on PK outscoring their opponents.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad