OT: 2014 World championship

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
That's not fair

Today was a one goal affair and Rinne is probably top 5 goaltender in the NHL: he is very, very good.
Myers ****ed up and Scrivens couldn't bail him out; not much else to say outside of the fact that Canada played a good, strong game today but Finland pulled it off thanks to capitalizing on mistakes.

As far as the Juniors go people are not giving anywhere near enough credit to the opposition. We lost to some gutsy performances to Russia and Finland and got burned by American speed: Canada would do well in admitting that the other won just as much as Canada lost.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
Hockey Canada only cares about the Olympics, and if they do well there, then they will coast by for the next four years.

So get ready for 4 more years of mediocrity at the WJHC and the WHC.

Not true. They love the world juniors, too.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
1-1 in the Gold Medal game. Russia got a goal on the PP thanks to a wonderful dive. Finland scored with 3 seconds left with Ovechkin and Malkin on the ice.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
These IIHF officials don't know how to officiate, and the Russians take full advantage by diving. Kudos to them. The strategy clearly works.

Thankful for what we have in the NHL. Seriously. ;)

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I put vCash on Finland :(

But I also put some on the Oil Kings :)

Last edited:

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
You know, I would believe that if they actually selected their teams based on merit instead of politics or players that have played on previous Team Canada teams before.

Agreed. Every year, what should be a shoe-in gets left off the team. Monahan is one of the latest examples.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad