GDT: 2014 Winter Olympics Part SEIS, POTENTIAL SPOILERS ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I kind of agree with you- I know if I was Chara or Krejci I'd be happy for the others, but feel a bit bummed. What Boston SHOULD do is call all of them out to center ice and treat them ALL as what they are WINNERS and acknowledge it that way....they could do a montage. I know it sounds so 8 year old soccerish where everyone gets a trophy but to bad. Everyone knows what happened anyways.

I agree with you.

It should be a salute to our Olympians. All inclusive.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I kind of agree with you- I know if I was Chara or Krejci I'd be happy for the others, but feel a bit bummed. What Boston SHOULD do is call all of them out to center ice and treat them ALL as what they are WINNERS and acknowledge it that way....they could do a montage. I know it sounds so 8 year old soccerish where everyone gets a trophy but to bad. Everyone knows what happened anyways.

Let's invite the Canadian women's team also with those Hub college players. I wouldn't acknowledge crap.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
just me, but if I couldn't live in this country Canada would be my first choice (but of course within 100 miles of the US border;))

My second choice would be Costa Rica,one of the greatest little countries on the planet. Or maybe Israel!!

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

They should rub it in their faces as much as possible and get them pumped to win the cup... or injure Bergy and Eriksson severely in warm-ups... :/

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
just me, but if I couldn't live in this country Canada would be my first choice (but of course within 100 miles of the US border;))

I'd be ok with that, although if I were leaving this country, 1 of 2 things would be happening.

Either I won the lottery or were evading the authorities. Either way, I'd probably head somewhere warmer than eother Canada or New England.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014

That limits it to basically every place you could name except Edmonton & Saskatoon. I've been to quite a bit of Canada (likely more than most Canadians), and while Montreal has been a mixed bag (I'm neither a Francophone nor a Habs fan...), Canada seems like a real nice place to live.

Israel is nice, but I'd rather Germany as my #3 option (never been to Costa Rica)

Last edited:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

For me it would probably be Bermuda.
Been there 7 or 8 times now and t,here is something very soothing and relaxing to me there.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
PK trying to make out with Price.

tumblr_n1gdx3fPO71sizpq5o1_250.gif

tumblr_n1gdx3fPO71sizpq5o2_250.gif

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto

So would most Canadians. I don't know the number but the majority of Canadians live near the border.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
I'd be ok with that, although if I were leaving this country, 1 of 2 things would be happening.

Either I won the lottery or were evading the authorities. Either way, I'd probably head somewhere warmer than eother Canada or New England.

I moved from New England to the mid East coast of Australia. Definitely warmer where I'm living.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
I said he's good on the PP. Never said they don't count. More to being the "best" d-man than just pp points.

You said that he, like Kessel, only put up points in the round robin. He had more important goals/assists than Doughty and Weber, and played solid D. Of course it's easy to hate the guy because he "stole" Chara's/Weber's (whom I don't really care for anyway) Norris. Shouldn't be too hard to appreciate his importance for Team Sweden, whether you believe he was the best D-man or not (I'm sure you, unlike the jury, watched all Sweden's games).

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
I almost got sideswiped by a Toyota with Quebec plates who decided to make a left hand turn from the far right lane on Mystic Valley Parkway, therefore all Canadians are crappy drivers and deserving of derision.

:sarcasm:

I kid. Congrats to our Canadian fans. Your team came together at the right time and came up big. Team Canada's defense in the last three games just was impossible to crack....an impressive display.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I almost got sideswiped by a Toyota with Quebec plates who decided to make a left hand turn from the far right lane on Mystic Valley Parkway, therefore all Canadians are crappy drivers and deserving of derision.

:sarcasm:

I kid. Congrats to our Canadian fans. Your team came together at the right time and came up big. Team Canada's defense in the last three games just was impossible to crack....an impressive display.

Thanks SOM, but you have to watch out for Quebec drivers, because they get confused if the traffic signs are only in english.;)

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
PK Subban has more Olympic gold medals than Teemu Selänne. God, why...

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Thanks SOM, but you have to watch out for Quebec drivers, because they get confused if the traffic signs are only in english.;)

We were coming out of a rotary and those things are enough to confuse native Mass drivers so I knew well enough in advance to keep an eye on that Canadian. They saw a gas station on the left and WOOSH cut me off.

Oh well. :laugh:

I recall game 3 of the SCF and how that was just about the most perfect defensive effort I'd seen from the Bruins all year; suffocating, not even coming close to allowing the Hawks any lanes, much less any space individually to do anything...and Tuukka was on point.

I had that same feeling watching the Canadian defense and Carey against the US in the semis, how completely organized they were, allowing nothing as far as clean entry into the US zone. I felt at the time that it was gonna take a mistake for the US to capitalize and get back into it, and that mistake never came.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
We were coming out of a rotary and those things are enough to confuse native Mass drivers so I knew well enough in advance to keep an eye on that Canadian. They saw a gas station on the left and WOOSH cut me off.

Oh well. :laugh:

I recall game 3 of the SCF and how that was just about the most perfect defensive effort I'd seen from the Bruins all year; suffocating, not even coming close to allowing the Hawks any lanes, much less any space individually to do anything...and Tuukka was on point.

I had that same feeling watching the Canadian defense and Carey against the US in the semis, how completely organized they were, allowing nothing as far as clean entry into the US zone. I felt at the time that it was gonna take a mistake for the US to capitalize and get back into it, and that mistake never came.

They probably thought the gas station was a poutine parlor :laugh:

I posted during the game this morning that Canada reminded me of the Bruins.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Just a quick thank to all the people posting congrats to our Canadian team.

I don't understand the hate just because we love hockey and produce a good amount of talented players. Too many other things in the world that are worth hating, where is the hate for the Netherlands for being good at speed skating? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad