GDT: 2014 Winter Olympics Part IV, POTENTIAL SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
As a Canadian, I have to think the USA are the team to beat now after seeing the Canada Latvia game no?

The US is certainly playing better, but all it takes is one game for Canada to find itself. There's still too much talent there not to think they would be favored in any one game. Also, I think it would be a more wide open game for them. A lot of these lesser teams have done a good job of clogging things up and relying on the goaltending to keep things close. It would still be a hell of a game.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Although Canada has out-shot Latvia by a wide margin, Latvia is doing a good job hitting the Canadians, and knocking them off the puck, not allowing Canada much space to develop good scoring opportunities....and the Latvia goalie looks very good so far.

They also block shots.

Canada has had some chances close in but have been stone walled by the goalie and the defense doesn't let them set up camp close to the net.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Hindsight is 20/20 of course, but, picture the Latvian D trying to deal with Looch in front of the net, that's why i think you take him as your 14th forward.

Lucic has unique skills. Should have been on that roster for sure. Not enough guys willing to grind on that teams.

They will still win it all tough.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
As a Canadian, I have to think the USA are the team to beat now after seeing the Canada Latvia game no?

USA plays a style that fits more Canada than the other country's shell defense. There is also the factor that Canada will bring their À game against US while they may have taken Latvia lightly.

member 96824

Just saw on the tweet machine that this Latvia team has 9 players that play on the same team in the KHL?

Babcock just called texted James Neal and Pascal Dupuis

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Canada GDT: It's everyone's fault except for Sidney's!

This is true-Crosby is good but he has done very little these Olympics. Whether Canada wins or not the fans will find a way to absolve Crosby.

I wonder if part of Canada's problem is that they haven't had a truly emotional game. They got a couple of easy teams their first two games and played poorly against Finland and now they drew Latvia.

In 2010 they were in Canada and had an emotional loss to the US in the group play-that loss seemed to kick start the. Canadians and they rolled the rest of the way.

This time around there just hasn't been an emotional kick start game.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I wish Daugman was playing. Imagine him getting the GW shootout goal with his famous spin-o-rama. :laugh:

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Latvia is playing like the 1980 US team right now. It's remarkable.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I wish Daugman was playing. Imagine him getting the GW shootout goal with his famous spin-o-rama. :laugh:

I was thinking more like in overtime he buries the same play he missed against Chicago in the third overtime

I cant root for Latvia with a US-Canada tilt looming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad