GDT: 2014 Winter Olympics Part IV, POTENTIAL SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilElf63

Mar 27, 2012
Catskills
Hilarious Krusty comments aside, Slovenia looked somewhat equal to Sweden in the first period. But they got slower and slower as the game went on because they used up all their energy and heart in the first period and a half. We'll see if the superior conditioning of Canada doesn't bury a few goals in the 3rd period and make the game a blowout yet.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
why can't Canada score any goals? Are the forwards drunk?

I've only watched about 10 minutes of this game but two things-

Latvia isn't allowing much penetration.
Canadian forwards are prone to too many passes and would do better to simplify their game but are just playing too cute.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
Is it creepy that I warned people about that last night when I saw the hosts on Global TV essentially making fun of Latvia's team.

I mean, I still would be shocked if Canada didn't pull away in this game, but the longer you let a team like Latvia hang around, the more believe-ability they gain. And it only takes one flukey goal to put Canada back on their heels.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Crushing the weak public wifi in the back of the room. Every time something awesome is about to happen I get a buffering though. Adds to the suspense.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Here is a prop bet for the ages.

US is up 4-1 right now, Canada is tied 1-1. Both nearing the end of the 2nd period.

What odds would you give that the margin of victory in the Canada - Latvia game is equal to or larger than the margin in the US game?

50-1
100-1
More?

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Chris Kelly needs to skype an emotional speech for the Canadian lockerroom.

member 96824

This reminds me of a college basketball game, where the 13 seed just hangs with the 4 seed until there is 2 minutes left and anything can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad