GDT: 2014 Winter Olympics Part IV, POTENTIAL SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Canadians are getting really frustrated. Gettin' a bit chippy out dher.

member 96824

Also, this reminds me of when you have the best hockey players in the world at your disposal, and you pick Chris Kunitz to be on your team.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Canada on a PP for first minute and a half of. 3rd.

Good opportunity to go ahead.

Still can't believe Canada can't score.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Also, this reminds me of when you have the best hockey players in the world at your disposal, and you pick Chris Kunitz to be on your team.

I think the problem is more that too many guys are used to being "the man" and don't know how to play secondary roles.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I'm not shocked with the selection of Kunitz, I'm shocked with how he continues to see a regular shift.

EvilElf63

Mar 27, 2012
Catskills
Here is a prop bet for the ages.

US is up 4-1 right now, Canada is tied 1-1. Both nearing the end of the 2nd period.

What odds would you give that the margin of victory in the Canada - Latvia game is equal to or larger than the margin in the US game?

50-1
100-1
More?
Holy smokes if I got 50-1 I'd take it in a heartbeat. No way is it that high.

member 96824

I think the problem is more that too many guys are used to being "the man" and don't know how to play secondary roles.

I'm looking up and down the roster...most of those players, other than Nash, Crosby, and Tavares rely on others as well. They may be the man on their team, but they play roles that are team oriented, or at least shared with someone else.

Like Corey Perry for example, 50 goal, former MVP winner...but he doesn't do it by himself, he's just the most deadly guy in the world from the slot to the goal line.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Hindsight is 20/20 of course, but, picture the Latvian D trying to deal with Looch in front of the net, that's why i think you take him as your 14th forward.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Can someone give a general summary of this Canada/Latvia game thus far?

Although Canada has out-shot Latvia by a wide margin, Latvia is doing a good job hitting the Canadians, and knocking them off the puck, not allowing Canada much space to develop good scoring opportunities....and the Latvia goalie looks very good so far.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

I think this is very true.

One pet peeve I have with how they pick the team is they think too much all start steam without consideration to roles.

This is where Marchand would be useful-he doesn't mind being a role player (he played it success on merlot before earning a spot next to Bergy).

I also think Babcock is too prone to ego stroking-making sure the stars get their ice time rather than shortening his bench and playing the guys who are creating something.

I have noticed Babcocknsends Bergy out for draws a good bit now. He's at least smart enough to realize Bergy is the man at the dot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad