2014 Wild Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN

So he's saying that losing Heatley (76GP, 12G, 16A, 28P), and Moulson (20GP, 6G, 7A, 13P) - a combined 96GP, 18G, 23A, 41P - is a potential net loss in comparison to Vanek?

Vanek will likely get us 30 goals and maybe 25 or 30 assists in less games. I don't understand how one can possibly think we come out on the losing end of that.

Plus it frees up a roster spot for a guy like Zucker or Keranen. Who knows how well they do.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Let's not overlook the liability on the ice issue either.

When Heater was out there I had to cover my eyes much of the time...

How may giveaways would he frequently have?

How many times did he have the puck and try to dangle through one or even two defenseman only to lose the puck?

If we were in our zone just how effective was he really? I swear the other teams coaches tried to exploit this as often as possible.

Yes, I'm sure we're really going to be missing him this year.

He's a good guy but he's done.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
So he's saying that losing Heatley (76GP, 12G, 16A, 28P), and Moulson (20GP, 6G, 7A, 13P) - a combined 96GP, 18G, 23A, 41P - is a potential net loss in comparison to Vanek?

Vanek will likely get us 30 goals and maybe 25 or 30 assists in less games. I don't understand how one can possibly think we come out on the losing end of that.

Plus it frees up a roster spot for a guy like Zucker or Keranen. Who knows how well they do.

I only had to read his profile. 'Los Angeles Kings' correspondent. That was enough for me to disregard anything else he's ever written.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
uggg.

okay, how about everyone who does it donates one day's wage to ALS research? Think of the funding they'd have. Awareness is great and all, but when you consider how much press and how many tweets and facebook posts are dedicated to this, a few million dollars doesn't seem like enough. working with a non-profit made me more cynical than when i started. Crosby could have matched the total with ~30 games worth of salary. Just an example--i know a lot of these guys have different causes, but I can't help but feel that the pot should be a lot higher if some of the big money guys out there tooting it's horn would pony up big money instead of just pouring ice on their heads. Matt Lauer makes $25,000,000 a year and he only works 4 days a week for ****sake. Again, not picking on specific people but with all the athletes, television, and film stars out there...
Supposedly donations for ALS research are up 400% over a year ago this time, so sounds like awareness is pretty important.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Obviously the guy didn't watch Dany the past couple of years. Far worse than his modest numbers.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Written by a banker from Seattle who got the Kings beat because he lived in LA in the 70's. Quality staff they have over there.

The Wild are listed as the 12th best bet to win the Cup at a Vegas line of 22-1. Are they really twice as likely to win it all as the Ovechkin-led Washington Capitals? I think not.

I can't stop laughing at how absurd that is.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
The truth is that nobody is going to give the Wild props until they beat St Louis or Chicago, or both, in the playoffs. And people love picking teams with rising superstars (Colorado) or big trade aquisitions (Dallas), even though neither of those teams are better than last year, where the Wild are in a much better position than at the beginning of last year.

Billy Mays Here*

Not really worried about Nino, I'm sure we'll get him signed to a solid bridge deal eventually. Kuemper is starting to concern me though. I think we'll get him signed, but I'm starting to fear we may end up paying him a good chunk of dough.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Since Kuemper has no other place to go if he wants to play in NA, it seems to me like it's a game of chicken at this point.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Since Kuemper has no other place to go if he wants to play in NA, it seems to me like it's a game of chicken at this point.

A game of chicken with a player who's at best, average by NHL standards right now, at the most easily replaced position in the league, where the team has all the power in the current situation. Let him sit and sign Ilya for another go.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
A game of chicken with a player who's at best, average by NHL standards right now, at the most easily replaced position in the league, where the team has all the power in the current situation. Let him sit and sign Ilya for another go.
Fletch should use this as a bargaining chip.

Excerpt from Russo's Blog

All this is interesting because durable veteran Ilya Bryzgalov, who went 7-1-3 down the stretch of the regular season to help the Wild make the playoffs (lone regulation loss was that meaningless finale vs. Nashville), wants to return to the Wild, his agent tells me.

“Ilya would very much like to return to the Wild and further the success the team had down the stretch last year,†agent Ritch Winter said. “It was one of the most satisfying experiences he has had in his career.

“Ilya loved his teammates in Minnesota, loved the city and loved and appreciated the support he received from the coaching staff and Wild fans. He would love to be a part of helping this team to enjoy the success they had together last year.

“He has instructed me to do all I can to facilitate a return to the Twin Cities even if it requires him to compromise somewhat to accommodate the budget issues facing the team if that becomes a possibility.â€

borisbadenough

Mar 25, 2013

Not to mention the fact that V creates a ton of space for his linemates when he has the puck in the o zone. (Heater no longer did that) The d still comes to V like bees to honey.. IMO 30 goals and sixty pts is a very conservative estimate if he plays 75 games and Suter figures out how and when to get him the puck on the pp. The big question is how will the fans deal with his style of play. There are plenty of games when he goes into that no shoot , assists only, mode. It will be good to see V and POM work the ice together again.

Last edited:

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Is there any advanced stats people on here Who know during the playoffs against the Avs what the shots were for and against when Barrie was on the ice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad