2014 Wild Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Tickets card delivered today. I get that they are trying to "go green" by not printing tickets anymore, but this is a real b****. Yes, in theory it's convenient to have all the tickets, Lodge discounts, and gift cards ALL on one card.....that is if only one person typically uses it. But if you have several people in the family that need it, it could be a pain. Let's say you get down to the arena and realize that you have to run back to the car for something, or you run into someone you know outside and stop to chat, or for whatever reason are in a situation where you would normally just say to the person you're attending the game with, "I'll meet you inside at the seats." Well, can't do that anymore, because you have to be side by side going in with ONE card. You could print an extra ticket before every game, but that's 40-something print jobs which equals wasted ink. Then there is the hassle of trying to bring the ticket up on your phone and hoping it scans at the entrance without holding up the line.

What sucks even more is that season ticket holders use to get four discount cards. This again, was helpful for families. Now there is one discount card which is loaded on the ticket card. If the person with the card is on the second level in their seats, and you take an unplanned trip down to the main level Lodge, guess what? You have to back track to get the card. If you are by yourself at the Mall of America or Maplewood mall and suddenly find a deal at the Lodge, but you aren't the person carrying the card, then what? We'd also get multiple gift cards and would sometimes split them up. Just like the discount card, gift cards are now all put on the ticket card. So if you're in Maplewood mall and unexpectedly come across a great deal at the Lodge, but the card carrier isn't with you, then you're really screwed.

I understand they are trying to simplify it, and also make it work when multiple season ticket partners are involved. But geez, at least figure out a way to give the option of providing TWO cards to a season ticket holder, because not everybody is glued together. Keep the discount and gift cards separate at least. :shakehead

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
maybe you can request that at the next fan summit when they announce ticket prices are going up again. I'm sure the card version (even with the presentation box) saves a lot of money vs printed books. I don't know how much, exactly, but i get the feeling the cost would be prohibitive, the printing timing would be tricky (because lets face it, a lot of people don't have their crap together enough to pay for their tickets on time) to allow people the option to order a traditional book. not to mention the cost for whatever theme or design they go for and the man hours spent putting that together. They'd have to charge a hefty additional price to make it worth their while I think.
ps i much prefer paper tickets. i've still got some from various special occasions i can dig out and trip down memory lane with...

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Tickets card delivered today. I get that they are trying to "go green" by not printing tickets anymore, but this is a real b****. Yes, in theory it's convenient to have all the tickets, Lodge discounts, and gift cards ALL on one card.....that is if only one person typically uses it. But if you have several people in the family that need it, it could be a pain. Let's say you get down to the arena and realize that you have to run back to the car for something, or you run into someone you know outside and stop to chat, or for whatever reason are in a situation where you would normally just say to the person you're attending the game with, "I'll meet you inside at the seats." Well, can't do that anymore, because you have to be side by side going in with ONE card. You could print an extra ticket before every game, but that's 40-something print jobs which equals wasted ink. Then there is the hassle of trying to bring the ticket up on your phone and hoping it scans at the entrance without holding up the line.

What sucks even more is that season ticket holders use to get four discount cards. This again, was helpful for families. Now there is one discount card which is loaded on the ticket card. If the person with the card is on the second level in their seats, and you take an unplanned trip down to the main level Lodge, guess what? You have to back track to get the card. If you are by yourself at the Mall of America or Maplewood mall and suddenly find a deal at the Lodge, but you aren't the person carrying the card, then what? We'd also get multiple gift cards and would sometimes split them up. Just like the discount card, gift cards are now all put on the ticket card. So if you're in Maplewood mall and unexpectedly come across a great deal at the Lodge, but the card carrier isn't with you, then you're really screwed.

I understand they are trying to simplify it, and also make it work when multiple season ticket partners are involved. But geez, at least figure out a way to give the option of providing TWO cards to a season ticket holder, because not everybody is glued together. Keep the discount and gift cards separate at least. :shakehead

The going green stuff is ********, unless "green" is money. You should see what Dallas fans got for their season tickets.

We had to add EVERYONE onto our list so everyone gets a card (which is at least 8 people?) not sure if they are on the account or not, maybe the Wild are allowing you to have one major ticket holder, a few seconds and then the rest because of this stupid scheme.

Our group contacted them and they said they'd print us tickets for 50 a seat, and would NOT do that next year.

Complete garbage. Apparently, one rep at Select-a-seat was talking about how they were looking into like souvenir tickets (which would be better than nothing) but it "wasn't in the budget".

Despite this card crap cutting down their expenses and moving ours up they don't have enough? Don't buy it really. Bah humbug.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
The going green stuff is ********, unless "green" is money. You should see what Dallas fans got for their season tickets.

We had to add EVERYONE onto our list so everyone gets a card (which is at least 8 people?) not sure if they are on the account or not, maybe the Wild are allowing you to have one major ticket holder, a few seconds and then the rest because of this stupid scheme.

Our group contacted them and they said they'd print us tickets for 50 a seat, and would NOT do that next year.

Complete garbage. Apparently, one rep at Select-a-seat was talking about how they were looking into like souvenir tickets (which would be better than nothing) but it "wasn't in the budget".

Despite this card crap cutting down their expenses and moving ours up they don't have enough? Don't buy it really. Bah humbug.

We don't have the advertising or tv deal money a lot of the more profitable teams have because--as you demonstrate eloquently--Minnesotans are pretty cheap. Or frugal. Whatever you want to call it. You may have noticed our payroll went up a lot lately and on top of the cap numbers a huge amount of money went out toward two guys that are necessary for our success, straight out of pocket. While we're paying those bonuses this team certainly doesn't have "enough". They could have jacked up ticket prices by 20% and still not turn a profit.

rafterman

Dec 1, 2010
Flyover country

It doesn't cover the discount card issues, but another way to deal with the tickets is to have the main holder send the respective tickets to the rest of the group, even if they don't have partner card, and that person can then assign the tickets to a card they choose. (I buy 30 games a year from a STH, but have never been an official partner in the seats, so I did a bunch of digging to see what my options were going to be...)

The STH goes into their mywild account and can send individual games/tickets to anyone they wish. That person then needs to set up a mywild account (if they don't already have one). Once the tickets have been received in the new account, they can either print them, use the phone app or assign them to a credit card/drivers license and use that as the card to swipe for admission purposes. I would imagine that person could also transfer them as needed to another mywild account holder.

The Wild has a pretty good section of how to and FAQ's on the website for the change. I don't think the credit card/DL option is discussed there, but once you're signed into your mywild account it is an option under paperless tickets. Hopefully everything works as they say it will...

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i was as happy and excited to see heatley in a wild uniform as anyone but minus 18 sure blows great big baby chunks. however the bright side Hav-a-flat only managed 7,8,& 12G when he wasnt injured so theres that!

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Guys!!!! I just check the TV Guide for next Monday and the first preseason game will air on NHLNUS at 11cdt! That means there will be a live stream as well. I'm sooo ready. Too bad the big names don't play the first game.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Wild vs Jets 2 (Preseason games) on TV

Just letting those wild Canadian fans out there know that TSN3 will be televising the Jets @ Wild on the 28th and the wild at jets on the 22nd of September...

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
For those interested, Mike Yeo will be on with Pat Ruesse (AM1500) at 4:15 central.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
The long offseason is almost over. Training camp starts tomorrow, so time to close this and open a training camp thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad