Prospect Info: 2014 Traverse City Tournament

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Yeah, I am not getting my hopes up. One of the staff members there mentioned the tournament last night, but did not say for sure they would have a stream so it's not likely.

I feel like I read in one of these threads here that the Rangers said they couldn't stream the game because the connection in the arena sucks but that the game would be available to watch afterwards.

Possible I didn't read that too and I'm just imagining it for some reason. Who knows.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I feel like I read in one of these threads here that the Rangers said they couldn't stream the game because the connection in the arena sucks but that the game would be available to watch afterwards.

Possible I didn't read that too and I'm just imagining it for some reason. Who knows.

Unfortunately, I think I recall that exchange and it was one poster saying "they won't stream it because the connection is terrible" and another one responding "okay, but at least they could record it and stream it later."

I don't think I've read anywhere that they're actually planning on following that suggestion, despite the fact that it actually does make a ton of sense - hell, why not? Record it, then post it online and serve ads alongside, between periods or whatever. They're probably recording the games anyway for internal reasons.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Corey Pronman @coreypronman · 15m
Mat Bodie also looks like a skilled puck mover, but his frame (especially at his age) isn't ideal.

Hopefully the Rangers can get Bodie to pack on a little bit of weight, but he doesn't look like he has the body type to support it. Good player though. Hope he has a good tournament.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Alright so if they aren't televising it and Cerney isn't doing a live stream, is there any way to watch the game?

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I could see BSU having highlights but I highly doubt there will be any way to watch at this point. It would be advertised somewhere by now.

SupersonicMonkey*

In an age where people can carry HD video recorders (cellphones) in their pants pocket, and set them up to be a mobile hot-spot with a simple app, how is there any reasonable excuse for this tournament to not be covered by someone.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
There is a pirate stream on the Deep Web, you can pay with bitcoin or dogecoin to see it.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
You gotta believe that NHL teams are taping prospect tournaments for themselves at least. Would it be so hard to publish the video on their site when it's over?

SupersonicMonkey*

Shouldn't have to pay to see a prospects tournament on some shady webpage.

Can't Cerny or who ever the Rangers beat writer present at the tournament, just pull out their cellphone, record the game, and upload it later.

Everyone and their mother can record and post nonsense all over the web, but nobody can record a hockey tournament...

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
There is a pirate stream on the Deep Web, you can pay with bitcoin or dogecoin to see it.

A pirate stream of what? I've never heard of a pirate stream of a game nobody else have either as a stream or on TV...

Mugless

Aug 26, 2004
Interested to see how Shleprock does on the top line with Hayes and Haggerty.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Leslie Treff ‏@HFNYRangers 2m
For those looking for streaming, there will be streaming of Buffalo games on http://Sabres.com

So we could watch tomorrows game at least.

EDIT - Just went to their site and I only see listen live so I don't know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad