Prospect Info: 2014 Traverse City Tournament

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
The most interesting invitee is Bryan Moore. Had the draft still been 9 rounds as it was before the second lockout, he'd definitely have gotten drafted. He was borderline to get drafted this year, but it didn't work out for him.

Moore is a former USHL first round draft pick. He's gotten significantly bigger since then. He's also improved his overall play. He'll be an interesting kid to watch in Traverse. Plus, we need more Moore. Two Moores is not enough.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I posted it elsewhere, but it should really be in this thread:

As usual I am excited to watch the Traverse tournament, but let's all keep in mind that this is ECHL-level hockey. AHLers tend to dominate these games (e.g., Parlett a couple years ago). In fact, some of the lower or more raw prospects are below ECHL level.

Just because someone is looking really good in Traverse, does not mean he's a great prospect unless he's very young. Thus if someone like The Duke dominates, it's a great sign. For someone older like Bodie, it is expected and his real ability will be gauged in the preseason and then the AHL.

Agree pretty much with this. Usually most teams will have at least 3 or 4 guys that will have serious NHL careers ahead of them.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
He's a college kid who has classes. They don't let you temporarily leave school for anything other than the WJCs. He'd also have to pay his own way to participate in order to maintain his NCAA eligibility.

I thought the plan was to turn him pro. I guess he wants to return to the NCAA. Missed that one. Sucks! I guess this silences the "trade Staal" peeps.

I think one more year of development would only help me.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2147979-why-2014-15-ncaa-season-will-be-huge-for-new-york-rangers-prospect-brady-skjei

Fletch

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn
Visit site
I don't see Staal's situation as being dependent on whether or not Skjei is ready.

I thought it may. If a deal isn't reached with Staal before camp (and there was a thought that the sides may meet to discuss a contract before camp), then a decision needs to be made during the season, and the readiness of a young, LD, could play into that decision. While it would be a lot to expect Skjei to show he is ready to take over 20+ minutes per game, it at least gives them a better picture of what they have at the position. It may not silence the talks, I think it would have some sort of impact.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
i don't recall precedent for us bringing a kid to Traverse City who was under contract with an outside pro team, but just saw this

http://www.gwinnettgladiators.com/site/news/article.asp?art=3099

Gladiators Welcome Burns Thursday, August 14, 2014
The Gwinnett Gladiators announced the signing of forward Nathan Burns for the 2014-15 season on Thursday.
Burns, 21, joins the Gladiators after five seasons in the Western Hockey League with the Vancouver Giants, Saskatoon Blades, and Swift Current Broncos. Over 309 career WHL games, Burns has tallied 195 points (75g, 120a) and 254 penalty minutes.
"He is a big body that can play center and the wing," said Gladiators President Steve Chapman. "Our head coach, Rick Emmett, worked with our AHL affiliate in Portland to get him into the Arizona Coyotes prospect camp earlier this summer, and everyone was impressed by what they saw from him. His stats show that he can put the puck in the net and he brings a solid 200 foot game. We’re excited about his potential."
In addition to his time with the Coyotes in July, the native of Edmonton, Alberta has been invited to the annual Traverse City Tournament by the New York Rangers.
Burns is the youngest Gladiator currently under contract

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
We can probably add Hayes to the roster. This years team should do well

Was just wondering if he was eligible to be added. Probably better for him if he was. TC and his first pro camp are going to be solid learning opportunities for him.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers 1m
OFFICIAL: #NYR @KevinPHayes12 has been added to the Traverse City Roster. #NYRTCT

They better ****ing televise it, if I have to see another marathon of Knicks Nightly on MSG one more ****ing time I'm gonna drop kick my tv

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Somewhere in an alternative univers, this team is going to TC...

FORWARDS:
Buchnevich, Pavel 6'1" 174 Left Cherepovets, Russia 5/17/95
Duclair, Anthony 5'11'' 185 Left Pointe-Claire, Quebec 8/26/95
Fogarty, Steven 6'3'' 204 Right Edina, Minnesota 4/19/93
Haggerty, Ryan 6'0'' 200 Right Stamford, Connecticut 3/4/93
Hayes, Kevin 6'4'' 225 Left Dorchester, Massachusetts 5/8/92
Iverson, Keegan 6'0'' 219 Right St. Louis Park, Minnesota 4/5/96
Kantor, Michael 6'1'' 196 Right New York, New York 2/2/92
Latta, Nickolas 6'1'' 194 Right Peiting, Germany 10/5/93
Leroux, Paxton 6'3'' 200 Left Peterborough, Ontario 2/22/93
McCarthy, Chris 6'1'' 190 Right Collegeville, Pennsylvania 7/30/91
Nejezchleb, Richard 6'2'' 203 Left Prague, Czech Republic 5/2/94
Nicholls, Josh 6'2'' 189 Right Richmond, British Columbia 4/27/92
Nieves, Bo 6'3" 204 Left Baldwinsville, New York 1/23/94
St. Croix, Michael 5'11'' 180 Right Winnipeg, Manitoba 4/10/93
Tambellini, Adam 6'2'' 179 Left Port Moody, British Columbia 11/1/94

DEFENSEMEN:
Bodie, Mat 6'0'' 175 Left East St. Paul, Manitoba 3/7/90
Donnay, Troy 6'7'' 185 Right Fenton, Michigan 2/18/94
Graves, Ryan 6'4" 225 Left Yarmouth, Nova Scotia 5/21/95
Mantha, Ryan 6'4'' 225 Right Clarkson, Michigan 6/18/96
Noreau, Sam 6'5'' 227 Right Montreal, Quebec 1/31/93
Skjei, Brady 6'3'' 206 Left Lakeville, MInnesota 3/26/94
Walcott, Daniel 5'11'' 161 Left Ile Perrot, Quebec 2/19/94
Zamorsky, Petr 6'0'' 190 Right Zlin, Czech Republic 8/3/92

GOALTENDERS:
Halverson, Brandon 6'3'' 176 Left Traverse City, Michigan 3/29/96
Skapski, Mackenzie 6'3'' 191 Left Abbotsford, British Columbia 6/15/94

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
They better ****ing televise it, if I have to see another marathon of Knicks Nightly on MSG one more ****ing time I'm gonna drop kick my tv

It costs money to televise it. I doubt it would be worth it for them to do so given the low numbers that would watch it.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Buch will be starting his season in the KHL so no Traverse for him.

Calle Anderson is still being loaned to the SEL so no Traverse for him.

Boo, Fogarty, and Nanne are NCAA so no Traverse for them.

Kristo doesn't need to go to Traverse. He might be too old but he did play a year in the AHL and was pretty successful.

Guys like St. Croix and Nicholls who struggled and spent time in the ECHL, they need it.

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
It costs money to televise it. I doubt it would be worth it for them to do so given the low numbers that would watch it.

You may be able to see some highlights from it on blueshirts united. Idk I'm just making this **** up as I go. All I know is that I would want to watch it, but I doubt that the average person would.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Buch will be starting his season in the KHL so no Traverse for him.

Calle Anderson is still being loaned to the SEL so no Traverse for him.

Boo, Fogarty, and Nanne are NCAA so no Traverse for them.

Kristo doesn't need to go to Traverse. He might be too old but he did play a year in the AHL and was pretty successful.

Guys like St. Croix and Nicholls who struggled and spent time in the ECHL, they need it.

Calle Andersson is with EV Zug in the NLA. No SHL for him this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad