Prospect Info: 2014 Traverse City Tournament

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Zamorsky's presence on the Traverse City roster is encouraging for the chances he plays in North America this year.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Jim Cerny said he would have "complete" coverage the other day, but I see nothing on blushirtsunited.com.....

It was from his live chat 12 days ago:

no word yet on television...I can tell you that BlueshirtsUnited.com will have complete coverage from TC: highlights, interviews, behind the scenes, etc

Depends on your definition of "complete", or more accurately, Jim Cerny's definition. He didn't mention streaming though, so my guess is that we won't have it.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Don't see Yogan listed.

Realize he's not as young as the others we're checking out, but still, hope somehow he puts it together and shines at the regular camp.

A prior year he had a very good camp but nothing.
Not much left on a guy we invested a 4th in.

If he doesn't surprise for 4th line, hope we recover something for him.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I'm expecting Duclair and Hayes to put in solid performances at this level. Seems like they should be almost men among boys, at least in terms of skill level and experience.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Whats the deal with Mcilrath not playing in this? Is it an injury or is he just too old at this point?

He's entering his third pro season and has already played in a couple tournaments. I don't know about eligibility, but I can't imagine there's much for him to gain. If anything he'll have a bunch of unknown goons with no NHL future chasing him around, trying to make a name for themselves. He needs games to continue his development, but I don't think TC is a good venue for him.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Whats the deal with Mcilrath not playing in this? Is it an injury or is he just too old at this point?

very very few players with 2 full pro years behind them play here, we did get an exception for Stacjer once i believe, and maybe also for slow-developing, oft-injured, Jason Wilson

and in general, NYR send few guys who played full time at AHL level in their first pro season.
This year NYR will send young 2d-year F Mike Kantor (slightly older than McIlrath), who was 4th line ice time in 27 games and had injuries,
but not Tommy Hughes, who is similar in age and experience, but played over 70 games as a regular on the D corps

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Kind of underwhelming roster...only forwards I'm real interested to see are Duclair and Hayes and the goalies...maybe Bodie, but that's kind of to be expected I guess since the Rangers haven't had any high picks lately

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Kind of underwhelming roster...only forwards I'm real interested to see are Duclair and Hayes and the goalies...maybe Bodie, but that's kind of to be expected I guess since the Rangers haven't had any high picks lately

yeah, the players who I'm most curious about may be goalies Skapski and Halverson

as we've been discussing elsewhere, one key here is for the 2d year guys who rookied in ECHL - StCroix, Noreau, Nicholls - to start demonstrating that their improvement late last season, with a long productive playoff run, was genuine and they're ready to be 'Pack regulars

Nejezchleb and Tambellini (and Donnay) are in theory playing for earn pro time this year, but the contract limit is a challenge

and also are Haggerty or McCarthy ready to be solid pro's

and find out if any of the invites are worth a contract - the forwards all have had their highlights and one or 2 could earn a AHL deal onto the crowded Pack roster, the d-man Valentine from Moose Jaw is only 18, so i think we could only acquire him with a NHL ELC; we dont have contracts to spare, but he could definitely 'slide'

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006

Why not any curiosity about Tambellini, Iverson, Zamorsky, Haggerty, Nejezchleb, McCarthy, Mantha, or Walcott? Those are all interesting talents.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Why not any curiosity about Tambellini, Iverson, Zamorsky, Haggerty, Nejezchleb, McCarthy, Mantha, or Walcott? Those are all interesting talents.

most of those guys are recent later round draft picks...I guess they're interesting in the way of "new to the organization" but they're still just late round picks that will probably bust. If I was really more into it all then yeah maybe I'd be interested in seeing what they have to offer at this thing but I'm really just wanting to see how the more prominent prospects work out

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I'm interested to see how Dallas Valentine does. I'm pretty sure he was ranked in the top-100 amongst NA skaters by central scouting but he was never taken. Big kid and another right-handed shot. I didn't see much of Moose Jaw this year so I don't have anything to say about him personally, but it's interesting to keep an eye on guys like that potentially for next years draft.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
the Pointstreak roster does not include St. Croix,
perhaps they pulled him for Hayes?
dont know if there is a roster limit

Leslie Treff

Sep 18, 2005
New York
I am here in Traverse City. I will not be covering the practice tomorrow afternoon (not much you can tell from the first practice), but will cover tomorrow's game and for the rest of the tourney.

I will be tweeting mostly from the games. Although a few year's ago I did daily articles, this tournament I will only be doing a mid tourney and after tourney recap.

If I have the time, I will post updates here, but follow me on twitter @HFNYRangers.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
If hockeystreams is carrying any streams I will be watching the game tomorrow night and posting updates as well. It doesn't seem like blueshirtsunited will have a stream. They are saying updates, no talk of a live stream.

Either way there will be plenty of information coming out of Traverse and posted here from various sources.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
If hockeystreams is carrying any streams I will be watching the game tomorrow night and posting updates as well. It doesn't seem like blueshirtsunited will have a stream. They are saying updates, no talk of a live stream.

Either way there will be plenty of information coming out of Traverse and posted here from various sources.
I doubt any other team will broadcast it if the Rangers don't.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I doubt any other team will broadcast it if the Rangers don't.

Yeah, I am not getting my hopes up. One of the staff members there mentioned the tournament last night, but did not say for sure they would have a stream so it's not likely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad