Prospect Info: 2014 Traverse City Tournament – 0-3-1, 8th Place

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
I think he's at least two to three years away from being NHL ready. Juniors this year, then the AHL next year, and see where he's at after that.

I don't know if I agree with that, but bad penalties to go along with his benching are frustrating when he should be dominant and competing for a spot on the roster.

SamsonReinFart

Mar 15, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Zadorov has been a special kind of bad.

This game? He looks good to me today. Been very active in the offensive zone and he broke up 2 separate cross ice passes on the One penalty kill with an active stick.

Other first period thoughts:

- karabacek does some fancy stuff with the puck. Not afraid to try and drag it through a guy in space.

- pretty random, but Reinhart gets tossed out the face off constantly. Way more than any other center... Also he was getting fired up at the end of that one. Got into a bit if a scrum and was fasewashing his opponent.

- I didn't see the first game of the tournament, but I've really liked Brady Austin. Lots of simple, effective plays.

- the St. Louis goal was a ridiculous shot. Not sure if makarov was off his post, can't tell from where we're sitting and there's not replay. Just looked like a crazy shot on a st. Louis powerplay where they couldn't get much going.

SamsonReinFart

Mar 15, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Keep in mind, I can't hear Paul Hamilton play by play, but I'm wondering if he's putting his own spin on things. I thought Zadorov's penalty was a bad call where both guys were barely doing anything. Same with karabacek's call.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Keep in mind, I can't hear Paul Hamilton play by play, but I'm wondering if he's putting his own spin on things. I thought Zadorov's penalty was a bad call where both guys were barely doing anything. Same with karabacek's call.

Fair enough. Sounded like he took a bad penalty away from the play.

SamsonReinFart

Mar 15, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Fair enough. Sounded like he took a bad penalty away from the play.

And now I sound like a broken record with an agenda, but that penalty on Zadorov (the 2nd one) was an absolute joke. I'm not even a Zadorov fan and also think he won't be in the Nhl for 2-3 years, but he's catching some bad breaks here.

And as I type this, makarov gets run over, bad.

SamsonReinFart

Mar 15, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Samuels Thomas scores buts waived off. No explanation given to the fans in the stands... Something else happened between lemieux and catanacci and 2 Blues, not sure what happened by catanacci was beyond upset about it... I think he got highsticked.

Sabres are out shooting them 18 to 9 yet find themselves down by 2. Story of this tournament!

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY
Keep in mind, I can't hear Paul Hamilton play by play, but I'm wondering if he's putting his own spin on things.

He loathes European players...he still has a hate crush on Girgorenko. Wouldn't be surprised if he was purposely crapping on Zadorov as well.

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
Did you guys know that Hamilton played college hockey? Because he played college hockey. And he knows what goes on in that locker room because he played college hockey.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
I'm not going to take much out of their performance at Traverse City, obviously they stunk up the joint, badly. However, this tournament is pretty meaningless, we won when we had Foligno, Adam and Kassian as our first line and other than Kassian, there isn't much indication the other two are going to have substantial NHL careers. I wish they had done better, just cause I wanted them to do well but it's whatever.

On Armia, I think he will be one of those players that infuriates us during the regular season but when the playoffs come around we'll be asking ourselves, why the hell can't he play like this all the time? I've never come away disappointed with his performances when the stakes are higher except perhaps his last WJC but even then he did play his best in the important games. (Oh he wasn't amazing during Assat's championship run but other than that yeahhhh)

Eram

Jul 21, 2013
San Francisco, CA
I'm not going to take much out of their performance at Traverse City, obviously they stunk up the joint, badly. However, this tournament is pretty meaningless, we won when we had Foligno, Adam and Kassian as our first line and other than Kassian, there isn't much indication the other two are going to have substantial NHL careers. I wish they had done better, just cause I wanted them to do well but it's whatever.

On Armia, I think he will be one of those players that infuriates us during the regular season but when the playoffs come around we'll be asking ourselves, why the hell can't he play like this all the time? I've never come away disappointed with his performances when the stakes are higher except perhaps his last WJC but even then he did play his best in the important games. (Oh he wasn't amazing during Assat's championship run but other than that yeahhhh)

A poor-mans Justin Williams would be wonderful

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010

I would say Foligno has a very solid chance at becoming a solid NHLer. Also, I agree to a sense with Armia, although I dont think he is one to only bring it on during the playoffs. I think he will be a guy who is off and on ala Stafford. I dont see the consistency to bring it on every post season. However, he has the ability to be a 30+ goal scorer in the NHL if he finds the consistency that Stafford has never shown.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I would say Foligno has a very solid chance at becoming a solid NHLer. Also, I agree to a sense with Armia, although I dont think he is one to only bring it on during the playoffs. I think he will be a guy who is off and on ala Stafford. I dont see the consistency to bring it on every post season. However, he has the ability to be a 30+ goal scorer in the NHL if he finds the consistency that Stafford has never shown.

Unfortunately, consistency issues are a common theme among snipers aside from the elite. I believe Armia has the best wrist shot and release of any prospect in our entire prospect pool. Combine that shot with a big frame and silky-smooth hands, and you can understand why his potential is so high. I'm praying to the hockey gods that Armia pans out; he would be an amazing talent if he does maximize his potential.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
0-3-1. 8th and final place. Outscored 17-6. At least we have the big club...

w4NpiV4.jpg

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
0-3-1. 8th and final place. Outscored 17-6. At least we have the big club...

w4NpiV4.jpg

It's amazing they scored only 6 goals with as many shots as they had. I have it at 122 shots not counting the 3rd period against the Stars. (Didn't see a tweet with game total for Dallas game just stats through 2 periods).

That's a little over 30 shots a game and a sub 5% shooting percentage.

Last edited:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
He loathes European players...he still has a hate crush on Girgorenko. Wouldn't be surprised if he was purposely crapping on Zadorov as well.

Are you sure about that? I know he likes Girgs and Risto to name a few. But you're definitely spot on about him hating on Grigs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad