2014 Training Camps announced

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Gaudet scores. Im beggining to think some of our prospects have become expendable.

A Reider/Lessio plus Korpi/Erat could be enticing for a top six.

Maybe some of our vets have become expendable.:nod:
It finally looks like some of the kids are making things interesting.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
So, of course, Gaudet and Samuelsson are both sent to Portland tonight.

Thanks, Dave.

Only real surprise on the list is Samuelsson. Even then, his best game was the first and he hasn't matched that since.

The full list:

Bolduc
Dziurzynski
Gaudet
Lane
Martinook
McKenna
Reese
Samuelsson
Shinnimin
Visentin

Released:

McBain
Kassian
Barch

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Is Perlini still hanging around? Or did I miss his cut? Seems silly to keep him around if he's injured.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Is Perlini still hanging around? Or did I miss his cut? Seems silly to keep him around if he's injured.

Still here, had surgery on his hand and will head back to juniors after working with the trainers for a couple weeks.

Guys still around by my count:

Domi
Rieder
Lessio
Szwarz
Domingue
Hodgman
Smaby
Perlini**
???? - Campbell???

Pretty sure I'm forgetting one more.

ETA - I think Campbell is still around as well.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Samuelsson looked largely ineffective in this game against good NHLers, and hasn't really impressed since the first game, so I'm not really upset by him being sent down.

British yote

May 16, 2014
England

Said on the website that he had hand surgery today and is expected to be around Arizona for two more weeks before he returns to niagara.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
32 players remaining in camp (including injured Perlini):

Centers(5): Vermette, Hanzal, Gagner, Vitale, Hodgman
Left Wing(8): Boedker, Korpikoski, Klinkhammer, Domi, Chipchura(C/LW), Lessio, McMillan(LW/C), Perlini*
Right Wing(6): Doan, Erat, Moss, Rieder, Crombeen, Szwarz

LHD(7): OEL, Yandle, Schlemko, Gormley, Summers, Campbell, Smaby(PTO)
RHD(3): Michalek, Murphy, Stone

Goalies(3): Smith, Dubnyk, Domingue

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe

Left Wing(8): Boedker, Korpikoski, Klinkhammer, Domi, Chipchura(C/LW), Lessio, McMillan(LW/C), Perlini*

The ones in red will likely get cut or whatever..that would be 23 players. So we would basically have very close to the same team that missed the playoffs last year.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
The ones in red will likely get cut or whatever..that would be 23 players. So we would basically have very close to the same team that missed the playoffs last year.

Tipp is comfortable with the incumbents. He knows what they bring. I think the idea of bringing in a young guy he does not know, no matter how talented, drives him batty. And he won't get to know them or trust them, because he does not play them. I think he's also a players' coach, and that he is a loyal to "his" guys (witness bringing back Moss when he was packing his bag for Switzerland, Halpern when he had no place to play, etc). He must be saved from himself.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
Tipp is comfortable with the incumbents. He knows what they bring. I think the idea of bringing in a young guy he does not know, no matter how talented, drives him batty. And he won't get to know them or trust them, because he does not play them. I think he's also a players' coach, and that he is a loyal to "his" guys (witness bringing back Moss when he was packing his bag for Switzerland, Halpern when he had no place to play, etc). He must be saved from himself.

Tip doesn't sign anybody. That's GMDM's doing bringing back those guys. I can understand why and I get it..there is value in bringing them back when he did. Cheap players in-case the youth wasn't ready. I totally get that but now there is the issue of there seems to be youth ready for the jump but there are these guys on the cheap that he signed.

Not a bad problem just not ideal when you are talking about putting youth in the lineup. There is still sometime before the season starts so I am not sure how GMDM will act. Hold these players and if they don't perform waive them and bring up youth? Hold these players until deadline then ship them out? Hold these players the entire season then not bring them back?

It's not easy being a GM and DM has turned junk into something before. Just wonder with the new assistant GM how this will play out.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Tip doesn't sign anybody. That's GMDM's doing bringing back those guys. I can understand why and I get it..
If you don't think Tippett was a factor in either of those decisions, I don't know what to tell you.

I am interested to see how they handle this, too. They play of a couple of these guys may actually force their hand. We're about to find out exactly how cash strapped we are, imo. Can we afford the extra $2M to bury some of these guys in the minors and let the kids play. Or will we try a repeat of last years team and hope for better results?

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
If you don't think Tippett was a factor in either of those decisions, I don't know what to tell you.

He may have influence but not final say. Regardless of who talked to him and put in good words and all that, its DM that makes the final call. So any blame is his to own for who was brought back and if they play poorly.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I think anyone expecting more than 2 rookie forwards is going to be setting themselves up for disappointment.

How do buyouts work at this point? Thinking Klinkhammer.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

Tippet's also taking a hard look at Gagner on the wing.

Perlini is still here to get access to the medical staff. I expect him to end up in Portland.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
How do buyouts work at this point? Thinking Klinkhammer.

If it makes you feel better, keep thinking that. :sarcasm:

I don't know where all of you guys are getting the idea that the team thinks Chipchura, Klinkhammer, and Moss are expendable, but you may as well get used to the fact that those guys are going to be on the ice at the River for player intros on opening night.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
If it makes you feel better, keep thinking that. :sarcasm:

I don't know where all of you guys are getting the idea that the team thinks Chipchura, Klinkhammer, and Moss are expendable, but you may as well get used to the fact that those guys are going to be on the ice at the River for player intros on opening night.

Believe me, I've already lowered my expectations:

Doan - Vermette - Boedker
Korpikoski - Hanzal - Erat
Klinkhammer - Gagner - Moss
Chipchura - Vitale - Crombeen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad