2014 Training Camps announced

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Went to Shane Doans camp last week. Aside from some of our own guys (Doan, Biz, Samuelsson, Stone, Bedker, Smith and few others.) Samuelssons brother was out there, the one and only khabibulin was out there. Another coyote player wearing #8 who I couldnt figure who it was since no one has worn 8 since upshall in a while. Vitale was there along with a few other wilks barre baby penguins.

Looking forward to the camp to start as I usually attend both the rookie and veteran camp. I am curious to see who we invite to camp. Anyone hear any rumors as to who might be invited?

I usually get some info coming up to the start of camp so we will see.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Looking forward to the camp to start as I usually attend both the rookie and veteran camp. I am curious to see who we invite to camp. Anyone hear any rumors as to who might be invited?

I usually get some info coming up to the start of camp so we will see.

According to the current roster on the NHL site, best guess as to current invites are:

Jacob Busch
Colby Cave
Guy Lebouef
Andrew Mangiapane
Dakota Mermis
Jackson Playfair
Ashton Sautner
Dyson Stevenson - (has AHL contract with Portland)
Colin Suellentrop

Except for Suellentrop, all of those were at the development camp during the summer (that isn't the entirety of the development camp invites so I think that may indeed be who is coming back for rookie camp).

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
From Twitter:

Arizona Coyotes ‏@ArizonaCoyotes 2m
As part of the 2014-15 Rookie Camp, #Coyotes rookies will play games vs LA Kings rookies on Sept 16th (6 pm) & Sept 17th (2 pm) in Glendale.

Desert Ice 11

Yoooooo
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
From Twitter:

As part of the 2014-15 Rookie Camp, #Coyotes rookies will play games vs LA Kings rookies on Sept 16th (6 pm) & Sept 17th (2 pm) in Glendale.

wow super cool..wonder if its free or how much a ticket will cost. Maybe televised???

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
wow super cool..wonder if its free or how much a ticket will cost. Maybe televised???

Can't imagine it's televised, maybe on the internet. The last ones I went too it was free admission. I think I'll make the 2pm one.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun

All rookie camp practices and games at Gila River Arena are free and open to the public. Fans should enter through Gate #3/Security entrance. (from the Coyotes web site)

No TV, but maybe they could stream it. They're doing a live stream of the ice installation tomorrow so who knows.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Once they ran the in arena feed online. Even had Strader/Walsh IIRC. Not calling the game but talking a bit.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
I remember the ones a few years ago that got real chippy with a couple of Kings rookies roughing our guys up. Then when the pre-season game came along Doan immediately looked them up. :D

I remember a fight with a very clear winner in one of these rookie scrimmages that led to a 10-minute delay while they scraped blood off the ice.

They're a lot of fun to attend. We sat one section over from Tippett and Maloney.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
I remember a fight with a very clear winner in one of these rookie scrimmages that led to a 10-minute delay while they scraped blood off the ice.

They're a lot of fun to attend. We sat one section over from Tippett and Maloney.

Yup. This was Broduer being mopped up by some King. This was the same game that Rich Clune tried to fight Kyle Turris.

I believe it was Broduer, was this down close to the goal line on one of the sides? Maybe I saw that one streamed...

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
From Twitter:

I wouldn't go to this in person because of work, but would love to see it streamed online if they could make it happen. I just sent him a tweet asking if it was possible.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Coyotes & FOX Sports Arizona to Present 'Coyotes Camp: Building the Pack' TV Series Beginning Oct. 6

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=729901&navid=DL|ARI|home

Arizona Coyotes Co-Owner, President and CEO Anthony LeBlanc announced today that the Coyotes and broadcast partner FOX Sports Arizona will present a three episode series called “Coyotes Camp: Building The Pack†that will follow the Arizona Coyotes throughout their 2014 Training Camp. The show will provide fans with a behind-the-scenes look at the Coyotes’ players, coaches and management as well as never seen before access to the Coyotes dressing room, weight room, players’ lounge and team plane. The first episode will debut on Monday, October 6 at 7:00 p.m. on FOX Sports Arizona.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Are the scrimmages going to be streamed live/archived online? Honestly this is a must have in terms of meeting a bare minimum of expectations. It's bad enough we aren't playing in the Traverse prospect tournament anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad