Pre-Game Talk: 2014 Sochi Thread- General Thread

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Canada gets another gold and bronze in ski slope style.

First hockey game tomorrow, CZH vs SWE

Richi

Oct 20, 2013
If anyone of you is watching Switzerlands games, look at #12, Luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i. He's played for Hartley in Switzerland and I'm pretty sure that if we do any deal with Tampy Bay, his rights will be in the return.

One of the best players not in the NHL:naughty:

Aug 3, 2010
Thought the Slovaks would put up a better showing then they did.

I find that a lot of people always say this due to an innate correlation with either Czech Republic or Slovakia as Czechoslovakians. Ever since they became the Slovaks and the Czech Republic, their respective hockey talent has definitely gotten weaker with most of the talent IMO remaining in the Czechs. :dunno:

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
Maybes it's only me that is confused because it hasn't really been said but the games that are being played right now are preliminary right? As in Austria and Norway are prelim and then we open the tournament against Finland on the 16th correct? It hasn't really been openly said or maybe it's just me that is confused.

Aug 3, 2010
I guess I should offer to do this for my home board too. :p

<--- I am making animated Team Canada avatars.

If you are interested, kindly send me a PM with your desired player!

Go Canada Go!

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I find that a lot of people always say this due to an innate correlation with either Czech Republic or Slovakia as Czechoslovakians. Ever since they became the Slovaks and the Czech Republic, their respective hockey talent has definitely gotten weaker with most of the talent IMO remaining in the Czechs. :dunno:

The Slovaks have done well in the past. Their top players were crap today.

Aug 3, 2010
The Slovaks have done well in the past. Their top players were crap today.

Actually I guess you are right that their past record isn't bad. I guess looking at the Slovak roster for the Sochi Olympics it just does not look impressive however, and they probably do not have the benefit of long-standing camaraderie/chemistry between players on their National teams as Norway does for example (apparently the Norwegians have had some National team players who have played for 15 years together. :amazed:)

Obviously the Slovakians have some talent peppered throughout the roster but that talent is also playing in North America most of the time so they may have chemistry issues as well and in a short tournament with an average roster must be even more difficult.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Canada wins 10-4 against Norway. Hopefully this means Jacobs has finally gotten his act together.

Also, there's a huge goaltender duel between Berra and Lundqvist. Tied 0-0 in the 3rd!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad