Pre-Game Talk: 2014 Sochi Thread- General Thread

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
New practice lines for team Canada according to Elliotte Friedman during the Norway/Austria game:

Price starting with Luongo backing him up.

Crosby practicing between Bergeron and Benn.

Hamhuis and Sharp in for Subban and St.Louis.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Canada to play semifinal at 12:00pm/10:00am. They will either play Latvia or the swiss.

Please not the Swiss!!

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Wow, white/Davis win the ice dance by 4 whole points; both of their performances were WR.

fix is in

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
TSN.ca:

SOCHI, Russia - Carey Price has been named Team Canada's starting goaltender for Wednesday's quarterfinal game in the men's Olympic hockey tournament.

. . .

Babcock made some other adjustments to Canada's lineup at practice on Tuesday, reuniting Chris Kunitz and Sidney Crosby on a line with Patrice Bergeron.

. . .

Babcock said Monday he would not announce his scratches until Wednesday.

They really need to cut their losses and just scratch Kunitz. He's clearly not a big ice player whatsoever. Still some hope they make the right decision.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Wow LAT beats SUI in the qualification round. SVK didn't manage to complete their comeback against CZE. Shame; I want CZE gone as soon as possible.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
So glad Lativa beat the Swiss!!!

Also, the Czech republic should give the USA a run for it's money. They seem to be coming together now

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Why is CAN so afraid of the Swiss? They should be a pushover for your team. This isn't the WC. Simpson is good but he is no magician.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Why is CAN so afraid of the Swiss? They should be a pushover for your team. This isn't the WC. Simpson is good but he is no magician.

They beat us in '06 and we lost to them in the 2012 WC. We almost lost to them in the '10 semifinals. They play a rather defensive style which Canada cannot seem to figure out. Finland and Norway both play a defensive system and Canada had trouble figuring them out.

May 27, 2012
Earth
They beat us in '06 and we lost to them in the 2012 WC. We almost lost to them in the '10 semifinals. They play a rather defensive style which Canada cannot seem to figure out. Finland and Norway both play a defensive system and Canada had trouble figuring them out.

Canada sucks. :sarcasm:

I am cheering for Latvia because of what Ted Nolan has done. I have been cheering for Latvia the entire tourney. I know Latvia won't win, but it would be huge for the country. My allegiance is still to Canada.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Am I the only one who really hasn't gave a crap about watching Canada this olympics?

I literally have no interest in watching Canada take on extremely weak teams, other than Finland.

And even in the Finland game it was incredibly stale.

I miss the NHL

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Am I the only one who really hasn't gave a crap about watching Canada this olympics?

I literally have no interest in watching Canada take on extremely weak teams, other than Finland.

And even in the Finland game it was incredibly stale.

I miss the NHL

I like watching the Russians play, and part of me is pulling for Smid and the Czechs to medal, but yeah, bored with Team Canada, especially because they don't even look good on international ice.

You guys were right about selecting Doughty though, eating my words big time on that one. He's a menace during the Olympics.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Idk, I love the olympics, maybe even more than the NHL. I just love the brand of hockey. So many upsets and whatnot!

And Russia loses to Finland..

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Womens hockey and curling final are today.

We could end up with three gold medal by the end of today!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad