Pre-Game Talk: 2014 Sochi Thread- General Thread

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Gross. **** the board of governors. So much for growing the sport and all. Only as long as it serves their purposes($).

Meh the players are locked up in multi million dollar deals many have their franchises depending on them and the owners are suppose to just allow them to leave in the middle of the season? I would want to protect my assets it would be foolish to say you wouldn't do the same.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
459c59abfc44f446f64db9f99ecca3d9.jpeg

Kaetlyn Osmond <3

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Meh the players are locked up in multi million dollar deals many have their franchises depending on them and the owners are suppose to just allow them to leave in the middle of the season? I would want to protect my assets it would be foolish to say you wouldn't do the same.

There definitely needs to be a middle ground found here.. At this point in time, all the risk falls on the NHL and it's clubs, while the iihf reaps all the benefits.. It's understandable, but hopefully something can get worked out, Olympic hockey is absolutely huge and is IMO the main attraction to the Winter Olympics..

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Canada gets gold in team figure skating.

We are definitely doing better than 2010 so far.

Step7750

Jan 24, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
If you'd like, here is a self-updating medal count table so you don't have to manually put the values in. It will also bold the country that the user is located in.

EDIT: Added some processing to ensure that if the user's IP address is unobtainable, it won't ruin the creation of the PNG image.
medalcount.php

Last edited:

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
^ Awesome, thanks mate!

Also, yeah Canada got silver not gold in team figure skating.

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
If you'd like, here is a self-updating medal count table so you don't have to manually put the values in. It will also bold the country that the user is located in.

medalcount.php

thats amazing you should post it on the main board if you didnt already

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Thank you! I'm going to post a little topic there shortly.

Thanks man! I hope you don't mind if I updated my OP with it.

Ok, I'm getting really excited for Canada's game on Thursday. Crossing my fingers that Price starts :handclap:

May 27, 2012
Earth
Lines for team Canada during Practise

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=443494

FORWARDS

Chris Kunitz - Sidney Crosby - Jeff Carter
Patrick Sharp - Jonathan Toews - Rick Nash
Patrick Marleau - Ryan Getzlaf - Corey Perry
Jamie Benn - John Tavares - Patrice Bergeron
(Martin St. Louis, Matt Duchene)

DEFENCE

Duncan Keith - Shea Weber
Jay Bouwmeester - Alex Pietrangelo
Marc-Edouard Vlasic - Drew Doughty
(P.K. Subban, Dan Hamhuis)

LeBrun added that John Tavares skated with Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry, but that Patrick Marleau would likely slot in on the wing with the Anaheim Ducks' tandem.

In that circumstance, the plan would be for Tavares to centre the fourth line with Jamie Benn on the left wing and Patrice Bergeron on the right.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
^ I really like those lines. Definitely a gold competer. Marleau adds speed to the PErry line, so no worries there.

In other news, Canada gets another gold in silver in mens moguls!!

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Bilodeau with gold and Kingsbury with silver! We're killing it so far this year

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Really happy to see Alex get another gold. He's said this will be his last Olympics so I'm glad he went out on top.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Duchene with Getzlaf and Perry sounds soo much better than Marleau with them.

The Benn/Tavares pairing could be ridiculous down-low with Bergeron as the high man/backchecking. Although Benn and Tavares on one line might be too much beast. Also a fan of the Crosby and Carter pairing (although Benn is a possible sub in Carter's spot if that doesn't pan out).

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Duchene with Getzlaf and Perry sounds soo much better than Marleau with them.

The Benn/Tavares pairing could be ridiculous down-low with Bergeron as the high man/backchecking. Although Benn and Tavares on one line might be too much beast. Also a fan of the Crosby and Carter pairing (although Benn is a possible sub in Carter's spot if that doesn't pan out).

I would personally prefer Benn on Sid's wing (a la Iginla in 2010) but I'm willing to give Carter a shot. I just think Benn would be a better fit.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00