Pre-Game Talk: 2014 Pre-Season/Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I love all the streams the Stars have been doing especially when there's a lot of teams that have only shown one or two games in the pre-season. Being able to watch a scrimmage like this is a huge bonus on top of all the other games we got to see

Primetimey*

Beautiful hustle by Honka to get that to Seguin, over to Rous for the goal.

Primetimey*

Sceviour skating with Fiddler/Horcoff. Indicates his spot to lose vs. Eaves.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
no sound is killing this and it doesn't help that I'm tired as *******. This is making me drowsy

NukeJukes43

Glad to see Lehtonen healthy but he's still not looking great

I've been a lot more concerned with our goalie situation than our defense. I hope whatever funk Kari is in, he snaps out of. Hasn't looked himself at all.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I've been a lot more concerned with our goalie situation than our defense. I hope whatever funk Kari is in, he snaps out of. Hasn't looked himself at all.

I don't want to put too much stock into the pre-season but the fact that he looked bad in every game he played isn't really a good sign

I'm really loving the Spezza line paired with Benn-Nemeth

Stars90

Sep 24, 2013
Toronto
Correct me if I'm wrong but Kari normally looks incredible in the pre-season does he not? I seem to remember him always coming to camp in shape and very focused. This seems off.

NukeJukes43

Correct me if I'm wrong but Kari normally looks incredible in the pre-season does he not? I seem to remember him always coming to camp in shape and very focused. This seems off.

If you're saying he looked that way this pre-season I'd disagree. Past pre-seasons are debatable. What I've seen out of Kari so far is him attempting to make flashy saves then losing track of the puck. Idk Kari has always had an incredible eye for the puck so I'm not sure what's changed but it could just be he needs a few more games to get back to the mental level he needs to be at.

Or this could be the beginning chapter of "The rise and fall of Kari Lehtonen".

Hopefully not though.:help:

starsfan4ever

May 21, 2008
Anyone see the Stars insider video with the off-season workouts? Kari looked pretty soft.. just saying. Maybe he took too much of the off-season off. Or maybe I am just wildly speculating out of my ass. He didn't look in that great of shape though.

MetalGodAOD*

I too am very worried about our goaltending situation going into the season. Hopefully this is one of those cases where the veteran guy looks awful in preseason and it means nothing in real games, but the injury and shakiness from Kari are quite worrisome.

The fact we have no good backup options makes it even scarier as well. I could easily see us dropping points at the start of the season due to poor goaltending and putting ourselves behind for the rest of the season. Hope I'm wrong.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Anyone see the Stars insider video with the off-season workouts? Kari looked pretty soft.. just saying. Maybe he took too much of the off-season off. Or maybe I am just wildly speculating out of my ass. He didn't look in that great of shape though.

I don't think he's ever been a six pack kind of guy, so I doubt he looks different from past years. I'd wager that most goalies look "softer" compared to their teammates.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I too am very worried about our goaltending situation going into the season. Hopefully this is one of those cases where the veteran guy looks awful in preseason and it means nothing in real games, but the injury and shakiness from Kari are quite worrisome.

The fact we have no good backup options makes it even scarier as well. I could easily see us dropping points at the start of the season due to poor goaltending and putting ourselves behind for the rest of the season. Hope I'm wrong.

I still don't feel like they gave Rynnas much of a chance... Seemed like they knew going in they'd pick Lindback...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad