Pre-Game Talk: 2014 Pre-Season/Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Gonchar will start game 1 but I imagine Oleksiak will start Saturday in Nashville. Veterans will always get the nod opening night but if Oleksiak is still here because Dillon isn't ready or isn't signed he'll get game time too.

As for KC depends on what you want from your 6th defender. If Dallas really wants to improve the PP he should start and get a nod with the 1st or 2nd unit.

Phrazer

Apr 2, 2008
Cairns
Been skimming through this thread and I understand its a bit of a debate topic. But wondering if someone could summarize your bottom pairing defenseman situation to me? Mainly what are the chances, if any, that Oleksiak has at seeing a consistent role within the big clubs top 6?

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Been skimming through this thread and I understand its a bit of a debate topic. But wondering if someone could summarize your bottom pairing defenseman situation to me? Mainly what are the chances, if any, that Oleksiak has at seeing a consistent role within the big clubs top 6?

I would say that there's currently no chance of him having a consistent top 6 role this year. Our top 4 is set as Goligoski-Daley and Benn-Dillon as soon as Dillon signs. We also have Connauton, Gonchar and Nemeth who will fill the bottom pairing and 7th spots with Nemeth-Gonchar being the most likely pairing. Oleksiak will only be on the roster if Dillon doesn't sign before the season starts. He'll likely be sent back down as soon as Dillon comes back. Nemeth is a bit of a question mark but he was brought up at the end of the season and replaced Dillon in the playoffs so we assume he'll be on the roster. Connauton is an even bigger question mark in terms of the Stars' plans for him but he'd have to clear waivers and I doubt the team will risk that.

This may change if someone is traded which is a possibility but with the current roster he won't play more than a few games as Dillon's replacement and as an injury call-up

Phrazer

Apr 2, 2008
Cairns
I would say that there's currently no chance of him having a consistent top 6 role this year. Our top 4 is set as Goligoski-Daley and Benn-Dillon as soon as Dillon signs. We also have Connauton, Gonchar and Nemeth who will fill the bottom pairing and 7th spots with Nemeth-Gonchar being the most likely pairing. Oleksiak will only be on the roster if Dillon doesn't sign before the season starts. He'll likely be sent back down as soon as Dillon comes back. Nemeth is a bit of a question mark but he was brought up at the end of the season and replaced Dillon in the playoffs so we assume he'll be on the roster. Connauton is an even bigger question mark in terms of the Stars' plans for him but he'd have to clear waivers and I doubt the team will risk that.

This may change if someone is traded which is a possibility but with the current roster he won't play more than a few games as Dillon's replacement and as an injury call-up

Thanks for that. I'm trying to keep an eye on Oleksiak, think he could be a great player for you guys down the road.

NukeJukes43

Thanks for that. I'm trying to keep an eye on Oleksiak, think he could be a great player for you guys down the road.

That's what is bugging a fair amount of us as of late actually, haha. Oleksiak seems like he would be a force to reckon with but the reality is that he is still young and makes a lot of poor decisions. He could use atleast another year in the AHL. A lot of us were pulling for Jokipakka to lock up a spot in the NHL but it didn't pan out that way yet.

Things could still change though who knows.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I don't remember last year but was there this huge gap of time between final pre-season game and the start of the season? 8 days is ridiculous. I want my hockey dammit.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Real fun begins tomorrow potentially ... for sure by the time practice starts next week.

Who will it be? Connauton or Oleksiak? I can guess what the general pop wants, but team probably goes Oleksiak.

Other question to answer is do they balance out roster by putting young players with Benn and Dillon or do they go with the strong two pairs and re-unite Dillon and Benn? I think Nemeth stays with Benn to start.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
Real fun begins tomorrow potentially ... for sure by the time practice starts next week.

Who will it be? Connauton or Oleksiak? I can guess what the general pop wants, but team probably goes Oleksiak.

Other question to answer is do they balance out roster by putting young players with Benn and Dillon or do they go with the strong two pairs and re-unite Dillon and Benn? I think Nemeth stays with Benn to start.

Daley-Goligoski
Oleksiak-Dillon
Nemeth-Benn

is my guess.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Hey now! Guptill survived Austin! I'm sure Seguin and the boys will be just fine.

I hope.......

Also I'm super excited about the Green v White scrimmage down here tomorrow.

Hell I'm super excited about the preseason game tonight.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Isn't ACL this weekend?

Oh yeah....it starts...today?

Yep starts today.

And sounds like we won't get to see any Dallas guys wandering CPC tonight. Sadface.

But it does look like Honka is in for Texas tonight.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Looks like they're streaming the Green v White game on the Dallas site.

Also it's so surreal and awesome to see these guys down here.

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
How's Hemmer looked in camp so far? Also, what line you guys think he'll be playing on?

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
Wish I could watch, I'd watch anything at this point. We haven't had power in 48 hours. I'm so frustrated and bored. I'm in the MStreets for the record, not anywhere crazy.

Primetimey*

Texas / Dallas intra-squad game is streamed live on DallasStars.com

Unblockmy.com .. same as the pre-season games boys.

BzICTL-IMAEq9bY.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad