2014 Penticton NHL Young Stars Tournament

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
I watched the interview after his highlight reel goal vs vancouver. when they asked him about it he was crediting klimchuk for the goal because he changed and let him get on the ice and grab the puck. hah really reaching for people to thank but props to him.

Aug 3, 2010
Hanowski didn't play this tournament, right? Why/why not? Too old? Not good enough? There can only be one 'owski', Braveheart style?

Last edited:

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I watched Ferland quite a bit last season for the Heat and enjoyed his tournament in Penticton. Does anyone else come away with a Brandon Prust type player comparison?

Similar size, both have offensive upside for fighters, great at dropping the mitts... Just a thought.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I watched Ferland quite a bit last season for the Heat and enjoyed his tournament in Penticton. Does anyone else come away with a Brandon Prust type player comparison?

Similar size, both have offensive upside for fighters, great at dropping the mitts... Just a thought.

Not a bad comparison. Although, Ferland is 2 inches shorter but 20 pounds bigger. I also see a little more offensive upside in Ferland, but only time will tell.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Not a bad comparison. Although, Ferland is 2 inches shorter but 20 pounds bigger. I also see a little more offensive upside in Ferland, but only time will tell.

Flames have Ferland listed at 6'2 - 215lbs
Montreal has Prust listed at 6'0 - 194lbs

Did you mean that Ferland is 2 inches taller?

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Flames have Ferland listed at 6'2 - 215lbs
Montreal has Prust listed at 6'0 - 194lbs

Did you mean that Ferland is 2 inches taller?

You're right. I read 6'4, 190 pounds on Prust... It's been a long day at work.

Ferland is 2 inches taller, 20 more lbs, and imo has more offensive upside than Prust. On our stacked LW depth, I would love Ferland to step in to the NHL in a couple of years (if he has what it takes).

Devilspuppet666

Dec 25, 2010
Calgary
You're right. I read 6'4, 190 pounds on Prust... It's been a long day at work.

Ferland is 2 inches taller, 20 more lbs, and imo has more offensive upside than Prust. On our stacked LW depth, I would love Ferland to step in to the NHL in a couple of years (if he has what it takes).

ive alwasy been a fan of ferland and hope he can be a good 3rd liner some day

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Someone on CP just posted his thoughts of the U of C vs. Flames Rookies game:

Elson was our best F. Fast as hell, smart and great hands.

Klimchuk looked ok, don't agree with previous poster that he was one of best F tho.

Disappointed with Arnold and Agostino.

Carroll looked good.

Smith was ok but definitely needs to work on skating.

BVB is a big guy and very effective but didn't do anything special IMO.

Wolf is a beast and was a better skater than I thought he would be. He doesn't go around guys-he goes through them. Not the smartest player tho.

On D Ramage continues to look great.

Fram was serving up pizzas into our high slot.

Gedig surprised with a decent performance.

Kanzig looked mediocre hockey wise but man is he mean and huge.

Kulak and Culkin are the same person man they could be brothers. Paired together, look similar and similar styles. They should be a good pairing for Addy this year and I actually came away feeling pretty positive on them.

I really hope we sign Carroll. I would love to see him as a middle 6 RWer in Adirondack. Elson looks to be playing better, hopefully he can translate his success in the tournament/U of C Dino games in Adirondack.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Hey, maybe Elson can make the AHL squad this season, then earn himself a call-up over guys like Baertschi and Reinhart, and become the new most hated player in town!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad