2014 Penticton NHL Young Stars Tournament

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
http://canucks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=63786 (I had no choice but to link to the Canucks website :()

Thought with the draft over, might as well start this thread as we look towards the season.
September 12th-15th in Penticton, BC as usual.
San Jose drops out of this tournament, it will only be Calgary, Vancouver, Edmonton and Winnipeg.

Schedule:
GAME 1 CALGARY VS WINNIPEG SEPT. 12 4:00 PM
GAME 2 VANCOUVER VS EDMONTON SEPT. 12 7:30 PM
GAME 3 CALGARY VS EDMONTON SEPT. 13 7:30 PM
GAME 4 VANCOUVER VS WINNIPEG SEPT. 14 2:00 PM
GAME 5 VEES' EXHIBITION SEPT. 14 5:30 PM
GAME 6 EDMONTON VS WINNIPEG SEPT. 15 11:30 AM
GAME 7 VANCOUVER VS CALGARY SEPT. 15 5:30 PM
*GAME DATES, TIMES AND OPPONENTS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

Penticton's BCHL team, the Penticton Vees, will play a exhibition game apperently.

Can't wait for this, going to get tickets to all the Calgary games soon (and probably the Vees exhibition) :yo:

I don't believe there is already a thread for this.

EDIT: Roster announced: http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=729714&navid=DL|CGY|home

Last edited:

marbsarebad

Jul 20, 2013
Olympia, WA
I think this tournament is really just between us and Winnipeg. We have too much size and skill in our cupboards to not take this thing. Especially if Huska is coaching. Our only weakness, really is in goal if Ortio isn't playing. Winnipeg has a lot if offensive firepower, though. Canucks are gonna suck, big time and Edmonton only have Nurse, and Draisaitl. We have Johnny, Bennett, Klimchuk, Arnold, Sieloff, Smith, Kanzig, Culkin, Kulak, Agostino, Van Brabant and possibly Poirier. So many two-Way players. And when they're not scoring they'll be roughing the other teams up. Exciting stuff.

dcookson

Aug 20, 2014
Not sure where to put this but I guess its roster-related.... Has anyone seen a roster for the Young Stars tournament in Penticton?

Last edited by a moderator:

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I don't think anything yet... Pretty sure they'll be released a couple of days prior to the tourney starting.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Not sure where to put this but I guess its roster-related.... Has anyone seen a roster for the Young Stars tournament in Penticton?

I have heard that these players will play for sure Gaudreau Bennet Klimchuk Poirier Macdonald

dscott

Mar 1, 2014
Does anyone know if you can buy individual tickets?

I swear a month ago I was messing around on the website and managed to find a way to get individual tickets.. But I can't find it anymore :help: .

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Some teams have started releasing their rosters to the media. Should see the flames release theirs in no time.

And yea, Calgary SHOULD win this by a mile

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad