Speculation: 2014 Offseason - Roster Building / Trade Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
What would a package for Kadri and Gardiner cost? Staal + ____? I guess Miller with a pick from Toronto to balance it out?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Just posted that on the trade boards to find out.

Kadri is one-of-a-kind in this market, that he's an undervalued asset, and he's still affordable. Only 2.9 million caphit for this coming year.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
That would definitely be Staal + but man that would REALLY help our two biggest needs.

Kadri's caphit is 2.9 million, and Gardiner is an RFA. Kadri would be a spectacular Richards replacement, he's one of the best skating centers in the league. He's also got that arrogance (like Inferno before said, you kinda hate him in a Mike Green way) that this team desperately needs some of. Put him with MSL and Hagelin and the Rangers will get speeding tickets.

Gardiner is one of the only defensemen in the league with the skating and offensive IQ to literally take over a game. If he wasn't playing for the stupidest head coach in the league with the worst system ever, he'd be hitting 40 points every year.

Having those two on our roster would be drool worthy.

Depending the "+" that would be a hell of a deal. It's amazing that they're apparently down on their two best possession players, but I guess I shouldn't really be surprised after they ran Grabovski out of town.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Depending the "+" that would be a hell of a deal. It's amazing that they're apparently down on their two best possession players, but I guess I shouldn't really be surprised after they ran Grabovski out of town.

I'm amazed that Gardiner's corsi is what it is because he plays in literally the worst system in the NHL. The Leafs make my eyes bleed when we play them.

AV would have a field day with them both.

jcnyranger

Jun 18, 2014
Winnik would be a pretty solid addition to the 4th line along with Fast. Is LA definitely buying out Mike Richards?

Why not consider Bolland. Could play #2 or #3 C slot; is a great leader in the clubhouse; kills penalties; good on faceoffs and can play on PP as well. Not big but 6 ft.

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
$4MM for M. Richards??? Crazy. Take that $4MM and resign Boyle and put the other $2MM to good use. We lack size and faceoff ability at center, let's please address that or we're doomed to playoff dissapointment. If we keep Stepan and Brass we need to get a player who provides what they don't.

We don't have many assets to deal and if we do make a trade it should not be for J. Thornton. I doubt we seriously consider trading Nash but I'd be all for replacing him with Iginla.

Carolina trade? The only player that interest me from Carolina is E. Staal. If we'd be willing to take the horrible contract of J. Staal, I'm sure Ron Francis would gift wrap them for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad