Speculation: 2014 Offseason - Roster Building / Trade Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

0ddManRush

Jul 1, 2010
NY
This will probably get lost in the transition to the new thread but what about Mike Richards if he's bought out by LA? He's a bigger center, is great on the PK (replaces Boyle) and could play anywhere in the lineup. You buyout Brad Richards, save 6.6 million. Pay Mike Richards $4 million or so. Use the extra cap space to help resign Dom Moore, Kreider, Brass, Zucc, maybe Stralman....

And yes, I know that 2.6 wouldn't pay for all of them, but I think it could help. You could also bring in some veteran defensemen on a PTO if they're unsigned. Pitkanen, Tallinder, Corvo, Engelland, Hainsey. Could provide veteran leadership from the bottom pair if you move Klein up with Staal if we lose Stralman. Some could be of use on the PP as well if healthy.

Krieder - Stepan - MSL
Nash - Brass - Zucc
Hagelin - M Richards - Fast
Miller - Moore - Dorsett

McD - G
Staal - Stral
Moore - Klein

I fail to see how that lineup does much to improve the team. I mean I'll take Mike Richards at $4m per over Brad Richards any day, but this lineup really leaves a lot to be desired. I want to bring back as close to the same team as possible, but it's quite evident that they need to make a move that gives them something in the top 6, preferably at the center.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
I fail to see how that lineup does much to improve the team. I mean I'll take Mike Richards at $4m per over Brad Richards any day, but this lineup really leaves a lot to be desired. I want to bring back as close to the same team as possible, but it's quite evident that they need to make a move that gives them something in the top 6, preferably at the center.

salary cap limitations, mang. Only so much we can do.

mti79

May 11, 2007
Not a bad lineup, but switch Fast/Miller and Hagelin/Nash. Brass-Hags-Zucc intrigues the hell out of me. Richards/Nash/Miller is pretty enticing as well.

I agree that Hags-Brass-Zucc is enticing. My lineup was based on how well Pouliot played with the other 2 and Nash is a big bodied winger who can cycle and play the possession game but is a much better finisher and can pass better than Benoit. I see that as a good 2nd line. Although I don't hate the idea of

Kreider-Stepan-MSL
Nash-M Richards-Miller
Hags-Brass-Zucc
Fast-Moore-Dorsett/Carcillo

SML

Mar 13, 2002
Visit site
All the worries we had about Callahan have apparently already taken roots with Mike Richards. I don't thin it's a matter of him being forced out by depth. He's like buying a car that's a few years old but has 200k miles on it. You are asking for trouble.

I give Miller the job at Center. Whatever we're calling the line that isn't Stepan or Brassard. In any event, you gotta find out what you have with the kid. Bringing an UFA in and C-blocking him isn't going to help anything. Sink or swim, son.

I'd love to kick the tires on Jordan Nolan and maybe even Jordin Tootoo. Sayonara Dorsett. Maybe keep Carcillo if need be.

One area I have alot of faith in with this team is pro scouting. They really put in the work. They find castoffs and see something in them. I guarantee, there's going to be some moves that come out of left field that get the side eye from this board, but trust those guys. They know how to pick through a trash pile like Fred Sanford.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
All the worries we had about Callahan have apparently already taken roots with Mike Richards. I don't thin it's a matter of him being forced out by depth. He's like buying a car that's a few years old but has 200k miles on it. You are asking for trouble.

I give Miller the job at Center. Whatever we're calling the line that isn't Stepan or Brassard. In any event, you gotta find out what you have with the kid. Bringing an UFA in and C-blocking him isn't going to help anything. Sink or swim, son.

I'd love to kick the tires on Jordan Nolan and maybe even Jordin Tootoo. Sayonara Dorsett. Maybe keep Carcillo if need be.

One area I have alot of faith in with this team is pro scouting. They really put in the work. They find castoffs and see something in them. I guarantee, there's going to be some moves that come out of left field that get the side eye from this board, but trust those guys. They know how to pick through a trash pile like Fred Sanford.

Dorsett is better than Tootoo.

mti79

May 11, 2007

Mike Richards is 29 and could slot in as a #2 Center. Allows Brass to center a "3rd line" and continue to match up against lesser opponents. Plus he is a phenomenal penalty killer. A #1 PK unit of Hags-Richards-McD-Girardi looks awesome on paper.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
This will probably get lost in the transition to the new thread but what about Mike Richards if he's bought out by LA? He's a bigger center, is great on the PK (replaces Boyle) and could play anywhere in the lineup. You buyout Brad Richards, save 6.6 million. Pay Mike Richards $4 million or so. Use the extra cap space to help resign Dom Moore, Kreider, Brass, Zucc, maybe Stralman....

And yes, I know that 2.6 wouldn't pay for all of them, but I think it could help. You could also bring in some veteran defensemen on a PTO if they're unsigned. Pitkanen, Tallinder, Corvo, Engelland, Hainsey. Could provide veteran leadership from the bottom pair if you move Klein up with Staal if we lose Stralman. Some could be of use on the PP as well if healthy.

Krieder - Stepan - MSL
Nash - Brass - Zucc
Hagelin - M Richards - Fast
Miller - Moore - Dorsett

McD - G
Staal - Stral
Moore - Klein

If Poo wasn't too expensive to bring back and the Rangers moved Dorsett. I'd like to see:

Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Poo - Brassard - Zucc
Hagelin - M. Richards - MSL
Winnik - D. Moore - Fast

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Mike Richards would not be a terrible signing. Would prefer him at south of $4M and definitely only a short term deal. 2 years, $8M would be nice. If those two things aren't met...pass. Someone will give him 4 or 5 years I bet, and in that case let him go.

Richards is a gamer and a heck of a hockey player.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/06/18/bad-blood-could-be-brewing-between-ryan-oreilly-avs/

I don't get it... Roy loves this guy (even publicly stated how much he likes him).. Colorardo has a ton of cap space.. He put up 65 points this season, and he's only 22.. Whats so difficult about signing this guy long term?

The guy isn't that much better than Derek Stepan. The numbers over the course of their careers are comparable. 57 points for Stepan to 65 for ROR.

Now take Stepan, and say he's the 3rd best center on your team. You had a huge contract dispute with him early in his career, including his father publicly complaining in the papers about how he deserves more cash. Now he's up for contract again at a very high number; not 3 million, but 6.5. And he wants more than that long term in an RFA deal. Would you sign it?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
If Poo wasn't too expensive to bring back and the Rangers moved Dorsett. I'd like to see:

Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Poo - Brassard - Zucc
Hagelin - M. Richards - MSL
Winnik - D. Moore - Fast

Winnik would be a pretty solid addition to the 4th line along with Fast. Is LA definitely buying out Mike Richards?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Does anybody here, at all, like the idea of Kadri?

I feel like I'm the only one who mentions him. I'm almost sure he'd thrive here. And he'd cost less than ROR.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Would not mind him at all. I wonder what a Kadri and Gardiner package would cost, fits 2 needs.

That would definitely be Staal + but man that would REALLY help our two biggest needs.

Kadri's caphit is 2.9 million, and Gardiner is an RFA. Kadri would be a spectacular Richards replacement, he's one of the best skating centers in the league. He's also got that arrogance (like Inferno before said, you kinda hate him in a Mike Green way) that this team desperately needs some of. Put him with MSL and Hagelin and the Rangers will get speeding tickets.

Gardiner is one of the only defensemen in the league with the skating and offensive IQ to literally take over a game. If he wasn't playing for the stupidest head coach in the league with the worst system ever, he'd be hitting 40 points every year.

Having those two on our roster would be drool worthy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad