GDT: 2014 NHL Trade Deadline Day (FINISHED) - Pens only, Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I can't believe this, just can't understand or process it.
VANCOUVER GO **** YOURSELF!!!!

You're naive if you didn't see this scenario coming. Honestly.

That's why I've said multiple times, I hope Shero doesn't have as much of a one track mind as the rest of this board. Apparently he did.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I fully understand people that didn't want them to make a big splash like Kesler or Vanek or whomever. My problem is they could've had a bunch of small irons in the fire to bolster the lineup if those moves didn't happen. Goc and a couple other plug in forwards would make a world of difference. We would have a complete freaking roster at least.

Hemskey and Penner were available. Yes, you're rolling the dice as far as what they'll provide on the ice, but you're not giving up anything put picks for them.

And even at that, they're no worse than the heaping piles of **** currently occupying our last 7 forwards.

I'm not even listening to Shero's presser. It's just going to agitate me more.

ShatteredGlass

∞ Posts Deleted :)
Dec 19, 2011
Pittsburgh / Vegas
Kind of wished we got shelled last night in Nashville so Shero could have been more active in acquiring a backup plan for Kesler today.

I'm not comfortable with this roster going forward at all.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
What bothers me is what players were going for compared to last few years. We had to pay a heavy price to get Iginla, morrow, and Murray. Yet this year prices were much cheaper and we only got one(confirmed ) guy. We could have added a few more "decent" plugs without giving up much.

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
The organization believes in Beau? Maybe that's their line 1 guy.

The organization doesn't believe in Sutter? Looking to package him and also brought in Goc.

I mean... what can ya say? We didn't make the applicable moves, but they weren't there. Stop playing Adams/Pyatt/Kobasew and see what happens.

Only one of those will happen most likely.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
Kesler is still an option before the draft! Settle down and maybe the best thing that comes out of this is DB gets fired and we didn't trade away assets that still might get us Kesler.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Tough to sit by and watch several good teams get better in a year where our bottom six is laughable for an AHL team, and the face of our franchise goes without a legit RW for the 9th year in a row.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Rentals were never going to fix the Pens' structural issues this season. I've been saying for a while now that if they're going to do any major retooling it should be in the offseason. No one is getting past the western team in the finals this season - no one in the East is going to compete with the best 4 teams in the west.

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Hemskey and Penner were available. Yes, you're rolling the dice as far as what they'll provide on the ice, but you're not giving up anything put picks for them.

And even at that, they're no worse than the heaping piles of **** currently occupying our last 7 forwards.

I'm not even listening to Shero's presser. It's just going to agitate me more.

Seriously. There were deals to be made to improve the team, and Shero had the assets to beat out those other teams. He chose not to. He ****ed up last deadline by paying too much for the wrong guys, and this deadline he ****ed up by not paying anything for the right guys.

Dupree13

Aug 2, 2005
Pittsburgh
Bennett will play the first line if and when he returns. Unlike last year, DB has no one else to put in their ahead of him.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
still a big gaping hole on that 1st line.

No kidding. Gibbons aint the answer. neither is Goc, Stempniak (if he even belongs to us, and we dont know when bennet will get back, heck. we dont even know hos much Power he will have in his wrist.

Vegeta

God Dammit Nappa
May 2, 2009
Capsule Corp.
With Halak even WAS has a shot at beating us now. Goc, our savior, help us! :laugh:

We could have gotten Hemsky or Vanek on the cheap. Jesus Christ.

Cardboard Orpik

Out 4-6 Weeks
Jun 18, 2011
DB didn't view Bennett as ready last year. He's played 12 games this year, and won't be back until two weeks are left in the season. I'm sure DB will instantly slot him into top line RW no problem...

He was starting to get time on Crosby's wing before he got injured, and that was before Dupuis went out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad