Prospect Info: 2014 NHL Draft / Pick #118 - Igor Shestyorkin (G) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Doesn't catch the puck, but blocks it. He'll fit in great here.

What's impressive about both of those GIFS is Shesty's awareness of the entire ice. Watching him step out on a shooter to cut down the angle on a turnover in the slot... that's really impressive anticipation. Then, knowing where he wanted to go with the puck before it came to him to create a 2 on 1 -- again great awareness and anticipation. Goalies have to be insanely athletic and reactive and their positioning is so key. But if they can pair that with anticipation... well, if he can stay healthy, that bodes really well.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
From todays game:

So aggressive! Love it!

The last one to me was the much better save. Great positioning in the first video with his glove in the right place, the flash of the glove makes it look 10x as good. (Great save nonetheless because positioning is highly important). The aggressive way he quickly cut down that angle in the last video was great.

Reactions: bl02

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
The last one to me was the much better save. Great positioning in the first video with his glove in the right place, the flash of the glove makes it look 10x as good. (Great save nonetheless because positioning is highly important). The aggressive way he quickly cut down that angle in the last video was great.

"The quick way he aggressively cut down that angle in the last video was great." ;)

Reactions: TGWL

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Holy that last save was ridiculous. looks like out of a video game

Reactions: TGWL

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
They better not trade this kid. I read a blog yesterday talking about possible deals for Nylander which included Igor.

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
Igor is the future. I predict an immediate NHL backup position for him next year with over 25 games played to test his abilities against NHL competition. I don't expect him to have KHL numbers in the NHL obviously. I hope Allaire (sp) and Hank can tailor him into an NHL stud.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
They better not trade this kid. I read a blog yesterday talking about possible deals for Nylander which included Igor.

I wouldn't worry too much about crap written in Blogs, and Toronto doesn't need a goalie. I can't see Gorton trading Igor either. His value to NY is greater than what other teams would likely propose for him at this point.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Nylander is a legitimate star in the making, IMO. Elite offensive talent that we may or may not possess in our orgnization. I would move Shestyorkin for him. It's easier to find good goaltending (good enough to win) than it is to find elite 1Cs. IMO.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
I prefer Czar, but that's just me
https%3A%2F%2Fimages.rapgenius.com%2F684a1c188abf129ef9741b3a5c1adf1f.615x342x1.png

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Nylander is a legitimate star in the making, IMO. Elite offensive talent that we may or may not possess in our orgnization. I would move Shestyorkin for him. It's easier to find good goaltending (good enough to win) than it is to find elite 1Cs. IMO.
If Nylander had elite offense sure, i'm not convince he has elite offense, elite is 90+ points. I'm certainty not giving up a potential superstar goalie for a 75 point player.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
If Nylander had elite offense sure, i'm not convince he has elite offense, elite is 90+ points. I'm certainty not giving up a potential superstar goalie for a 75 point player.

My issue with Nylander is that I am not sure what his upside is away from an elite center. I am sure I can put up 20 points playing with Matthews and I can't even skate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad