Prospect Info: 2014 NHL Draft / Pick #118 - Igor Shestyorkin (G) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I’m a broken record here but I cannot wait for Allaire to fine tune Igor’s game and see how he fares against NHL level competition in an NHL style defensive scheme.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
The hope should be that Henrik has enough left for another 65-70 but Shestyerkin can split time with him by midseason, maybe for two years... then Cujo Hank down. Talbot spent around 59 years in the AHL.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Hellberg between the pipes today.

EDIT: Against Traktor. Hopefully Kravtsov lights him up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Riche16

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Hellberg now sports a 1.22 and .941 to Shesterkin's 1.40 and .943. Just makes it even easier for SKA coaches to justify "riding the veteran" the rest of the year. :shakehead

Reactions: RGY

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Kid can't get here soon enough and leave that franchise. Hope they enjoy Hellberg for the next 7 years while they watch our boy turn into a NHL star goalie.
I get so disappointed when I click on the lineup and see it's Hellberg. And I feel like I'm going to feel that way more and more.

I'm honestly tired of our prospects playing in the KHL in general, but that's a different story.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Hellberg now sports a 1.22 and .941 to Shesterkin's 1.40 and .943. Just makes it even easier for SKA coaches to justify "riding the veteran" the rest of the year. :shakehead

Also doesn’t make his numbers look all that special in comparison. We really need to get a look at this kid over here.

I draft Spencer Knight if I have 3 first rounders. Too good to not take him and he’s at least 4 5 years behind shesterkin.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Also doesn’t make his numbers look all that special in comparison. We really need to get a look at this kid over here.

I draft Spencer Knight if I have 3 first rounders. Too good to not take him and he’s at least 4 5 years behind shesterkin.
This team just drafted a goalie in the second round no need to use another top 60 pick on one

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
The guy they drafted in the second round might as well be me compared to Spencer Knight

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
The guy they drafted in the second round might as well be me compared to Spencer Knight
Even if you don't think Lindblom is that good, goaltending is the one area in our prospect pool we don't have to worry about. Using another top 60 pick in the draft on a goalie makes no sense

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I don’t think you realize how good this kid is

When you have 3 first round picks and I expect we may. You can afford to use one on a real goalie prospect. Not a reach like lindbom.

Shesterkin is still a big time question mark. We have no idea what he’s going to be in the nhl. And he’s also not 18. He’s 23. It would be good business to have a 17 year old franchise goalie behind him. And Knight is that. He’s that good.

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
Georgiev is probably getting moved for Shestyorkin or before the expansion draft. Our goalie depth is not as good as we make it out to be. We could use another guy they think can be a starter in the pipeline.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
1. We have one of, if not the, best goalie prospect in the world (who we got in the fourth round).
2. We have a 22-year old backup (an UDFA) who's done nothing but improve at the position for three years.
3. We just used the 39th pick to be the first team to select a goalie in the 2018 draft.
4. We arguably have the deepest goalie prospect pool in the league.
5. We probably have the best goalie coach in the league.
6. Goaltender development is erratic to begin with, and rankings on draft day mean much less than with skaters.
7. We have only a couple guys with top pair/top line upside now.

Knight is a hell of a prospect and I'm not normally an advocate of drafting based on needs, but please; don't use high picks on goalies any time in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->