GDT: 2014 NHL Draft - June 27 6pm CDT NBCSN & June 28 9am CDT NHL Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Wouldn't surprise me to see them trade a 7th next year (or both, now that we have two) to move up here just to take a token Minnesotan or two.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Well, several guys I liked more than some of who we selected (some will go undrafted) but that is why I am a fan.

Pleasure spending the draft with you all. Gonna go workout and get some blood flowing.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Michael Russo verified
#mnwild had a trade done to pick up a 2nd, but the four guys the #mnwild was keying on literally went in a row, Fletcher said

Alright, who are they?

EDIT: Guessing three of the four are:
Ryan MacInnis (ARI) #43 C
Eric Cornel (BUF) #44 C
Brett Pollock (DAL) #45 LW

Or possibly

Nic Aube-Kubel (PHI) 48 RW
Vaclav Karabacek (BUF) 49 RW
Roland McKeown (LAK) 50 D
Jack Dougherty (NSH) 51 D

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
Alright, who are they?

EDIT: Guessing three of the four are:
Ryan MacInnis (ARI) #43 C
Eric Cornel (BUF) #44 C
Brett Pollock (DAL) #45 LW

Or possibly

Nic Aube-Kubel (PHI) 48 RW
Vaclav Karabacek (BUF) 49 RW
Roland McKeown (LAK) 50 D
Jack Dougherty (NSH) 51 D

my guess we wanted to get demko. i think we should have picked husso with our 3rd since he was still available (i think). maybe next year.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
my guess we wanted to get demko. i think we should have picked husso with our 3rd since he was still available (i think). maybe next year.

As much as I wished he had Husso, drafting Belpedio instead makes total sense as he is an excellent prospect. I have no qualms taking Belpedio over Husso.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
In the post-draft video, Fletcher said he moved back one from 79 to 80 with Tampa Bay because he valued two players at the same level and trading back one pick, while picking up a future 7th, allowed him to take whoever remained and gain assets at the same time.

So those two were Brayden Point and Louie Belpedio, presumably.

And the trade to pick up a 2nd rounder involved trading next year's second as well as a pick this year. Probably a 6th or 7th. Kind of glad we didn't do it. As much as I like a guy like Dougherty.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
This is one of the most ****ed up drafts in Wild history.

Lets hope you prove me wrong Fletch.

How so? Picked up, potentially, a top six powerforward, 2nd pairing two-way all situation defenseman, a promising goaltender, and a number of either depth players (Faith, Lang) or gambles in the late rounds (Sjalin, Duke, Jenys).

There isn't considerably high reward as a group as a whole but its a pretty safe collection of players with a good amount of upside (low risk/above average reward).

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
This is one of the most ****ed up drafts in Wild history.

Lets hope you prove me wrong Fletch.

Because they didn't pick a Minnesotan at any point, right?

Yeah, there was certainly something wrong this year. :shakehead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad