GDT: 2014 NHL Draft - June 27 6pm CDT NBCSN & June 28 9am CDT NHL Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Happy with this pick "6'2 from Finland moves well, is above average in most areas. Needs to improve mental game. Is strong with puck and challenges well"

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
"Above average in most areas as he has a strong active blocker, not weak glove side and covers the lower part of the net very well. Biggest issue has been his mental game, can lose focus and give weak goals. Can lose positioning in his crease due to his lack of focus. He's aggressive when he challenges shooters."

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
When are Minnesota high school kids going to go?

Snuggerud hasn't been picked yet, right? He was projected early 3rd and so far nothing. Interesting.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Is next years draft really going to be that much stronger? I've heard this is a weak draft and next years will be stronger but we hear that every year.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Well, since my list has gone to ****, just gonna list guys I like the most.
Sebastian Aho, Ondrej Kase, Edgars Kulda, Gustav Forsling, Brandon Fortunato, Julien Nantel, Blake Hillman, Dakota Joshua, Hayden Hodgson, Andrew Mangiapane, Ryan Rehill, Hayden Hawkey, Julio Billia, Jason Fram, Neal Pionk, Seamus Malone, Ryan Tait, Roberts Lipsbergs, Jared Thomas.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Well, since my list has gone to ****, just gonna list guys I like the most.
Sebastian Aho, Ondrej Kase, Edgars Kulda, Gustav Forsling, Brandon Fortunato, Julien Nantel, Blake Hillman, Dakota Joshua, Hayden Hodgson, Andrew Mangiapane, Ryan Rehill, Hayden Hawkey, Julio Billia, Jason Fram, Neal Pionk, Seamus Malone, Ryan Tait, Roberts Lipsbergs, Jared Thomas.

Don't see Lipsberg getting selected this year.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Next BPA (bigger than 5-9; collection of average service rankings)

KASE, ONDREJ
MIDDLETON, JAKE
HAYDON, AARON
GARDINER, REID
SNUGGERUD, LUC
JOHANSSON, EMIL
NANTEL, JULIEN
LINDO, JADEN
SUMMERS, KELLY
PYROCHTA, FILIP

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Is next years draft really going to be that much stronger? I've heard this is a weak draft and next years will be stronger but we hear that every year.

Next year has two amazing talents in Jack Eichel (USA) and Connor McDavid (Canadian). Both have been compared to current stars like Patrick Kane and Sidney Crosby.

Then there are stellar defense choices in Oliver Kylington (Sweden) and Noah Hanifin (USA). Supposedly prospects as good as Drew Doughty and Victor Hedman and so on.

Add in a guy like Matt Barzal and you have one of the best top-5s in several years, IMO.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Listed as excellent speed and shot, scored 33 goals. Know he is a perimeter player who is also a re-entry. No shot in 6th or 7th?

Like you said, those last two things are killer as he was known to be a perimeter sort of player last year as well. It would be nice to shown improvement in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad