2014 NHL Draft Discussion - Part IV ** Isles-Keep 5th Pick**

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Good question, only saw MDC when the Prospects Game was on NHL Network so can't give an answer to that one. From the 4 or 5 games that Halifax was on, Ehlers was so dynamic every time, always did something that stood out. Not worried a bit about his size (really it's not like he is tiny) with all that skill.

The only concern I have and it's not much because he is still growing g is his frame.

He's 5'11 but extreamly thin. If you look at Drouin he's about the same height but Drouin has a bit more of a build. But that wouldn't stop me from drafting him.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
The only concern I have and it's not much because he is still growing g is his frame.

He's 5'11 but extreamly thin. If you look at Drouin he's about the same height but Drouin has a bit more of a build. But that wouldn't stop me from drafting him.

Drouin a year older, makes a difference at that age. Again with Ehlers talent, if he's the best prospect on the board, take him. If he can get to around 185 pounds in a couple of years he should be fine. Patrick Kane is around 180.

Last edited:

TheIslesFan

Apr 2, 2008
NY
Was anyone else thinking Ehlers was pronounced L-er-s (silent Eh)? I now know it is E-ler-s and feel a bit dumb!

How is Leon's last name pronounced?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Drouin a year older, makes a difference at that age. Again with Ehlers talent, if he's the best prospect on the board, take him. If he can get to around 185 pounds in a couple of years he should be fine. Patrick Kane is around 180.

Patrick Kane and even Nyquist is who I think of when thinking about Ehlers both size and style.

5'11 180 is plenty fine for that style of play. He so t be able to rush the bet like he does in junior but he won't have to at the next level.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
At this point, I'm not as worried about size because anyone we draft is going to have plenty of time in JR's and the AHL to develop physically. And really, 5'10-11 isn't a giant leap from 6'

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I know their isn't alot of Draisaitl love on this board but I thought this bit was interesting

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...e-report-nhl-draft-forward-prospects/9886755/

German center Leon Draisaitl rounds out the top tier. He's easily the largest and most physically mature of the group, and as such, perhaps the most ready to play against NHLers right away. In fact, he recently acquitted himself quite well playing for Germany at the senior World Championships. He combines soft hands with terrific vision and play-making ability. Has played a lot of left wing in his career up until now, but at Red Line, we view him as an imaginative center moving forward in the pros.

If he can play LW I think he could make a great fit with Tavares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad