Jan 28, 2013
ThunderBay
:laugh:

qoqHKYG.gif

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
looks like Cleveland is trading for Kevin Love

Bennett, Waiters, 2 1sts and a bad contract coming back (possibly K Martin)

Not sure about that return. Those first are going to be later picks most likely. But at the same time it's a hell of a lot better than the Raptors ever got for McGrady, Carter, or Bosh.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Agreed as a Wolves fan I would not be happy with that at all. I would absolutely want Wiggins as a return (I wouldn't have been mad if they had picked up K.Thompson from the Warriors either).

From a perspective of assets, it's not going to get much better IMO. If Love starts the season as a T-Wolf, they are basically assured that they will get nothing for him, maybe a draft pick in a sign-and-trade.

The Wolves are going to be pretty far from a playoff team even with Love. You get a guy like Waiters who is still all potential with just a little bit of polish, maybe he turns into a top 20 player, he's already proven that he can score at a ridiculous rate. Worst case scenario he's a guy that can stretch the floor who is a decent trade chip. Same goes for Bennett.

If I'm the Cavs, I'm keeping Waiters to anchor my second unit and trying to sell Minnesota on Tristan Thompson, the guy who can't decide which hand to shoot with, but can't get his shots over any half-decent rim protector either way.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Last edited:

veganhunter

Mexico City Coyotes!
Feb 15, 2010
Calgary
From a perspective of assets, it's not going to get much better IMO. If Love starts the season as a T-Wolf, they are basically assured that they will get nothing for him, maybe a draft pick in a sign-and-trade.

The Wolves are going to be pretty far from a playoff team even with Love. You get a guy like Waiters who is still all potential with just a little bit of polish, maybe he turns into a top 20 player, he's already proven that he can score at a ridiculous rate. Worst case scenario he's a guy that can stretch the floor who is a decent trade chip. Same goes for Bennett.

If I'm the Cavs, I'm keeping Waiters to anchor my second unit and trying to sell Minnesota on Tristan Thompson, the guy who can't decide which hand to shoot with, but can't get his shots over any half-decent rim protector either way.

I think the bidding for Love is going to heat up. Some teams may not want to chance losing out on him FA and would take their chances trying to woo him over the latter part of the season (particularly CLE and GS). If he makes it to FA HOU, DAL, CHI, LAL, etc. are all likely to throw the kitchen sink at him as well, from there who knows? Maybe he signs with LAL and recruits Westbrook to come there in a year for example.

CLE gets Love this year it's over IMO, they drive too hard a bargain and lose out on him who knows if they win a title before Lebron's best days are behind him.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad