OT: 2014 NBA Playoffs/Off season

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Figured I would start this thread. If there is no interest it can just fall off / deleted.

As a massive Raptors fan up until the Jets came back I have enjoyed the success the Raps have had this year.

I am a bit worried with Brooklyn. Mainly because of Pierce and KJ. All that playoff experience is massive. We'll see...

I like the "TEAM" that the Raptors have started to build and I think the future is very bright for the team.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
It's amazing how their fortunes have changed since the Rudy Gay trade.

Actually wait, no it's not. Rudy Gay is so terrible. :laugh:

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Heat for the three peat. Suck it haters.

I'm not sure they get it done this year...

Anyway if you think NHL officiating is bad, NBA is just garbage and has been for years.

Raps making some very fundamental mistakes tonight. Watching the shot instead of boxing out is one of my highest pet peeves, but not holding onto the ball after getting a rebound is like grade school fundamentals. I never could understand it.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
I really don't watch a ton of basketball, but I consider the Raptors my favorite team. Hope they do well. Will try and watch a game or two (depending on how far they go).

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm all in on Raptors basketball.
I love this team. If the Jets are going to be successful we need the same commitment to team they have.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
games like last night's game are the reason that (sorry, dudes) the Raptors apple my eye more than the Jets do.
i started to watch basketball during the 2000 playoff run and haven't quit since.
while i probably watch 65-70 Jets games a year, i pretty much watch each and every Raptors' game.

last night's game was fun.
friday's game should be fun.

life is fun.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I have no idea why, but I am a fan of the Golden State Warriors. Felt good after game one, until the 40 point loss on Monday.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
REALLY enjoyed the vibe at ACC last night for the game. That was electric.

Basketball was the game I grew up playing and my dad use to coach allot so it was a family passion. I will admit I am TOTAL fair weather fan now. When I had a place in Phoenix (before children) and Nash was in his prime my wife and I got out to watch the Suns play quite a bit and I also enjoy the Raptors when they are relevant (which is rare). I have to admit last night was the first time I watched them this season and they have some decent pieces and seem to play well together. It's interesting I remember a very respected NBA analysis was saying that Masai Ujiri was going to be a great GM in the NBA and so far it looks the Raptors are playing a more passionate brand of ball than they did post VC.

Good to see a very different crowd at the ACC that aren't worried about spilling tea on their Armani suit....Also the Rob Ford cameo made for a great photo op :p:

;)

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Raps might have a tough go with Brooklyn, but relying on Pierce to sink clutch 3's all game is no way to try and win a series. Pierce was awful last night and the Raps thank him for that. What a great game to watch (in between hockey games).

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I watched too and I am impressed with how the Raps have turned it around.

They do have that feel of a team about them for sure.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
I was living in Burlington in my last few years of High School when the Raptors first came into the league. I was at the very first game against the Nets way up in the upper deck of Sky Dome. What a crappy place to watch a hoops game lol.

I think for the first time in franchise history we have a legitimate 5. JV is the real deal and I hope he can continue to improve. Camby wasn't around very long and in his early years he had not developed into the decent player he became. AD was pretty close but again he was more of a 4. The Dream was at the end of his career. Zo' gave us the middle finger. Bosh did a decent job but again is a 4. Andrea was a bust.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Hey guys, I usually post on the Leafs board but I've been going around to the other Canadian teams boards to see if the Raptors are getting any love/attention in other areas of the country outside of Toronto. Why not come over to the Raptors board on game days and post in the GDT? Would be a lot of fun. If you're interested of course.

And the atmosphere at the ACC and Maple Leaf Square has been insane. That's what you get for 6 years of non-playoff basketball built up. So much passion/energy and excitement right now in this city for the Raptors.

Ohh and **** Brooklyn!!

Last edited:

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Used to watch lots of basketball and we were big, big fans back in the day driving to lots of Timberwolves games when they came into the league. Prior to the Jets return I'd probably been to more NBA games than NHL games and that includes going to about give NHL games per year during Jets 1.0.

Always timed visiting my folks on the West Coast to make it to a couple of Supersonics games and would go to Grizzlies games while they were around too. When the Timberwolves came into the league a group of friends would usually go down for three weekends a year to catch the Friday/Sunday games when they were around.

We even used to snap up the exhibition game tickets when they came to Winnipeg (front row on the floor for the 76ers game back around 1982-ish).

That said, I really can't tolerate the NBA all that much anymore. Stellar, gifted athletes but the game has become so much more about entertainment than actually something involving the rules of basketball. Traveling? Carry ball? Fouls? Yeah, that stuff barely exists anymore. I much prefer US college basketball, but even that is losing it's lustre thanks to all the one and done's.

#crustyoldroundballfan
#heyyoukidsgetoffmylawn

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Hey guys, I usually post on the Leafs board but I've been going around to the other Canadian teams boards to see if the Raptors are getting any love/attention in other areas of the country outside of Toronto. Why not come over to the Raptors board on game days and post in the GDT? Would be a lot of fun. If you're interested of course.

And the atmosphere at the ACC and Maple Leaf Square has been insane. That's what you get for 6 years of non-playoff basketball built up. So much passion/energy and excitement right now in this city for the Raptors.

Ohh and **** Brooklyn!!

Thanks for the invite!

Go Raps! :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland