OT: 2014 NBA Playoffs/Off season

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
U mad Roman? :sarcasm:

Spurs putting on a clinic. Have no strong allegiances either way, but this is damn entertaining. Spurs are getting dribble penetration at will.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
U mad Roman? :sarcasm:

Spurs putting on a clinic. Have no strong allegiances either way, but this is damn entertaining. Spurs are getting dribble penetration at will.

You have no idea how mad I am. Especially by the absolutely pathetic display Wade is putting on.

I'm okay with the Spurs playing like this offensively. When they miss like 2 of their first 25 shots from the field, what can you do?

But Wade has turned the ball over on lazy plays pretty much every time he has touched the ball offensively, and is really freaking lazy defensively as well.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
You have no idea how mad I am. Especially by the absolutely pathetic display Wade is putting on.

I'm okay with the Spurs playing like this offensively. When they miss like 2 of their first 25 shots from the field, what can you do?

But Wade has turned the ball over on lazy plays pretty much every time he has touched the ball offensively, and is really freaking lazy defensively as well.

Really? If the Heat guarded the rim this poorly and got pulled apart like this on D all season leaving so many open lanes to the basket and open looks they wouldn't be anywhere near the NBA Finals. It was a historically great half offensively, and a historically terrible one defensively too.

What can they do? Fight through screens and play defense, not switch lazily and leave open lanes and shooters.

Lebron is their fulcrum on D. When he's not beasting, they are awful.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Really? If the Heat guarded the rim this poorly and got pulled apart like this on D all season leaving so many open lanes to the basket and open looks they wouldn't be anywhere near the NBA Finals. It was a historically great half offensively, and a historically terrible one defensively too.

What can they do? Fight through screens and play defense, not switch lazily and leave open lanes and shooters.

Lebron is their fulcrum on D. When he's not beasting, they are awful.

Meh. They hit contested threes and contested twos. And lots of them. It was by no means a good half offensively. Or a decent one. But the Spurs were insane offensively, and I don't think they would have touched those point totals if they had been shooting normally.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
The one thing I don't like about the NBA is all you really need to do is watch the last 2 minutes of the game. 20 - 30 point leads are nothing.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
The one thing I don't like about the NBA is all you really need to do is watch the last 2 minutes of the game. 20 - 30 point leads are nothing.

I'm not disagreeing, but I don't believe that in the most literal way, to be any different then hockey, football or curling.

If your aim is to see who wins, then the latter half of the third period or 4th quarter, the 10th end, etc. all fit the same mold.

A two-goal lead in hockey is nothing this post-season, right?

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
I'm not disagreeing, but I don't believe that in the most literal way, to be any different then hockey, football or curling.

If your aim is to see who wins, then the latter half of the third period or 4th quarter, the 10th end, etc. all fit the same mold.

A two-goal lead in hockey is nothing this post-season, right?

I understand what you're saying, and I do agree with you. It just seems like whoever has those huge leads in hoops can never seem to maintain them and put the other team away. Last night was one of the rare times that you never really felt that the Heat were making a come back.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Why am I even bothering watching a bunch of dumbasses with the combined hustle and skill that I had playing around with my short white friends in Sweden? When I have A Storm of Swords right next to me?

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
And Miami is going to make a run at Carmelo Anthony....:laugh:

How's about adding a handful of guys who can play D against elite teams (aka the Western Conference) and be of some use offensively? They don't need Carmelo, they need depth and energy.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I always hated but respected the Spurs over the years as they thwarted the Suns in the playoffs. I have to admit watching them still play at this level as they age is really impressive. I was shocked last night seeing them bookend beatings of that level on the road?

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I always hated but respected the Spurs over the years as they thwarted the Suns in the playoffs. I have to admit watching them still play at this level as they age is really impressive. I was shocked last night seeing them bookend beatings of that level on the road?

It was incredible. When they got a look where any other team would have shot, they passed it twice more and got an open layup/dunk/3. They are much better than the Heat.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I think I ranted about the NBA and not being really basketball anymore somewhere in this thread. With respect to the Spurs, I retract that statement, they've played unbelievably well. Solid fundamental basketball crushing the next generation of showtime is a lot of fun to watch.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I think I ranted about the NBA and not being really basketball anymore somewhere in this thread. With respect to the Spurs, I retract that statement, they've played unbelievably well. Solid fundamental basketball crushing the next generation of showtime is a lot of fun to watch.

Comparing the showtime Lakers to the Heat is insulting to the Lakers. The Heat are nowhere near as good or entertaining, having 2 players who can dominate weak opponents in isolation off pick and roll is not "showtime."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad