Euro Hockey Tour: 2014 Karjala Tournament

alce*

Whats funny is russia and czech is only in the tournament because they whined about not being included back when it was the nordic trophy.

They should just skip all this drama and remake the original tournament.

:amazed: What? Where did you get that BS? Unlike Sweden and Finland tournaments which haven't even existed until 90th, Russian tournament has almost 50 years history and Russia have just agreed to make it a part of EHT in 1996. Besides there were no predecessor for EHT at all.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
:amazed: What? Where did you get that BS? Unlike Sweden and Finland tournaments which haven't even existed until 90th, Russian tournament has almost 50 years history and Russia have just agreed to make it a part of EHT in 1996. Besides there were no predecessor for EHT at all.

I think he mixed up the European Trophy and Euro Hockey Tour.

alce*

I think he mixed up the European Trophy and Euro Hockey Tour.

It makes sense that way.:laugh:

But what's difference now with CHL? Aren't there mostly Finland and Sweden teams in play-off?

Yabob

Dec 12, 2006
Linköping
The Swedish players from teams that made the CHL playoffs which were also selected for this EHT tournament seems to be allowed to participate in both. They will play their CHL playoff games tonight and join the national team tomorrow.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Russia headcoach Znarok saying his gotten over the Minsk incident but if he wanted to revenge what happened with the cutthroat gesture scenario he would have brought Evgeny Artyukhin to the tournament.:)

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
SWE practice lines:
Klasen-Wandell-Petersson
Axelsson-Ericsson-Paulsson
Ullström-Engqvist-Brithén
Danielsson-Lundqvist-Thuresson
Janmark, Ridderwall

Fransson-Hersley
Burström-Andersén
Urbom-Rahimi
Lundgren

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Finland:

J.Pesonen-Immonen-Pihlström
Osala-I.Filppula-Palola
Hartikainen-Hytönen-Kiiskinen
Junttila-Kemppainen-Tuppurainen

Koistinen-Hietanen
Mäntylä-Kousa
Näkyvä-Lajunen
Ohtamaa-Marttinen

Metsola
Engren

extra line:

H.Pesonen-Wirtanen-Petrell
Lindell-Kivistö

Jesus that looks awful. Defense is just terrible. And why is Lindell on the extra pairing, while he has been hands down best defenseman from that team lately(from Liiga guys)?

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Jesus that looks awful. Defense is just terrible. And why is Lindell on the extra pairing, while he has been hands down best defenseman from that team lately(from Liiga guys)?
Relax. All of those guys will get minutes over the weekend. If not on the first game, then on the following one.

There's clearly a formula with those forward lines though. Save for the last one, they're all built on the classic mould of grinder-playmaker-sniper.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
SWE practice lines:
Klasen-Wandell-Petersson
Axelsson-Ericsson-Paulsson
Ullström-Engqvist-Brithén
Danielsson-Lundqvist-Thuresson
Janmark, Ridderwall

Fransson-Hersley
Burström-Andersén
Urbom-Rahimi
Lundgren

fransson with hersley?

danielsson instead of ridderwall?

mårts is giving me headache.

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
Why is André Pettersson on this roster before Andreas Johnson? Mårts...

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Will Hersley be in the KHL All star event if there is one? Would be interesting to see how hard the guy actually shoots. The best comparison I can think of is Weber.

punchonico99

Jan 2, 2014
Quebec
Will Hersley be in the KHL All star event if there is one? Would be interesting to see how hard the guy actually shoots. The best comparison I can think of is Weber.

Hersley has 7 goals and 3 assists so far in the season, which is decent. His +/- ratio his at -6 though. It's tough to say if he would be on All-Star team, but it would be really fun to see him in the slapshot competition :yo:

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
All the smooth skating in the world can't fix Franssons hpckey-sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad