Euro Hockey Tour: 2014 Karjala Tournament

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
KHL clubs are blocking Swedish players from taking part in some games due to schedule. Same goes for Finnish Jokerit players. Promotes KHL as way to improve national teams, schedules games on days when those national teams are playing = profit/logic?

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
KHL clubs are blocking Swedish players from taking part in some games due to schedule. Same goes for Finnish Jokerit players. Promotes KHL as way to improve national teams, schedules games on days when those national teams are playing = profit/logic?

Have you even looked at Jokerit's schedule?

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
KHL is a joke. They can keep our players (half of them will probably be fired soon anyway due to Russian logic). I'd rather see a SHL/NLA team.

Is Russia even participating in this tourney?

punchonico99

Jan 2, 2014
Quebec
As Urbanskog said, Jokerit are not playing during the Karjala tournament, which means that all the Finnish guys will be able to play in EHT and Omark will play with Sweden.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
That is true, but unfortunately clubs are trying to stop their players from going..

This isn't the first time either, some Finnish players have been told in previous years as well to not go by their KHL club. I don't recall anymore if they went anyway.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
4 Sibir players (2 SWE, 2 FIN) going to Karjala, no problem. What does Jussi think? Will Jussi appologise?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Apologize for what? I merely linked to a Finnish newspaper story, citing a Swedish newspaper (Aftonbladet). I'm only the messenger here. Swedish posters can confirm that.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Apologize for what? I merely linked to a Finnish newspaper story, citing a Swedish newspaper (Aftonbladet). I'm only the messenger here. Swedish posters can confirm that.

Yeah it was the case earlier this week but they wanted to solve it. Been awfully quiet since. I don't know what you can do or what the ramifications could be.

The Swedish team is named tomorrow.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
I don't think the problem refers to all of the clubs, but probably a few ones that really refuses to let their players go. Sibir might've been one of those that let their players go without any problems.

I still think it's unprofessional by the clubs that (might) have tried to not making their players go.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I don't think the problem refers to all of the clubs, but probably a few ones that really refuses to let their players go. Sibir might've been one of those that let their players go without any problems.

I still think it's unprofessional by the clubs that (might) have tried to not making their players go.

NHL says hi ;)

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki

I don't think they can deny their players from going, Omsk has to play with their team manager as a backup goalie against Dynamo Moscow because they are obliged to let Barulin go, Kostin is playing for the U20 national team and the third goalie is injured.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Team Finland:

Maalivahdit:
Atte Engren, Atlant Mytištši
Juha Metsola, Tappara
Puolustajat:
Juuso Hietanen, Torpedo Nižhni Novgorod
Tommi Kivistö, Ilves
Ville Koistinen, HC Davos
Mikko Kousa, Lukko
Lasse Kukkonen, Kärpät
Ville Lajunen, Jokerit
Esa Lindell, Ässät
Tuukka Mäntylä, Tappara
Kristian Näkyvä, Luleå Hockey
Atte Ohtamaa, Jokerit
Hyökkääjät:
Ilari Filppula, HC Lugano
Teemu Hartikainen, Salavat Julajev Ufa
Juha-Pekka Hytönen, Lausanne HC
Jarkko Immonen, Torpedo Nižhni Novgorod
Julius Junttila, Kärpät
Joonas Kemppainen, Kärpät
Tuomas Kiiskinen, Vexjö Lakers
Oskar Osala, Metallurg Magnitogorsk
Olli Palola, Tappara
Janne Pesonen, Ak Bars Kazan
Lennart Petrell, Luleå Hockey
Antti Pihlström, Salavat Julajev Ufa
Sakari Salminen, Torpedo Nižhni Novgorod
Jani Tuppurainen, JYP
Petteri Wirtanen, Fribourg-Gotteron

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Mäntylä and Kukkonen? Why? Both have been terrible. Would rathed have Riikola, I.Heikkinen or Niskala.

Last edited:

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Mäntylä and Kukkonen? Why?
Why not? It's not like they still don't know how to play hockey.

And even more importantly it should be kept in mind that Jalonen is a fresh coach. Being one, he needs to familiarize himself with the old guard and up-and-comings alike.

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Nicklas Danielsson...

andre pettersson??????

way too many guys from KHL, dont like it all

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Free these players from KHL slavery!

Linus Omark (LW/RW) Jokerit 21 8 13 21 1.00 10 9
Martin Thörnberg (LW/RW) Lokomotiv Yaroslavl 19 8 7 15 0.79 8 4
Oscar Möller (LW/RW) Ak Bars Kazan 21 5 6 11 0.52 2 0
Erik Gustafsson (D) Avangard Omsk 19 2 7 9 0.47 8 8
Tom Wandell (C/RW) Avangard Omsk 21 2 4 6 0.29 16 -1
Staffan Kronwall (D) Lokomotiv Yaroslavl 19 1 5 6 0.32 4 -1

Anders Nilsson

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Nicklas Danielsson...

andre pettersson??????

way too many guys from KHL, dont like it all

Good to see that I'm not the only one that dislike Danielsson. :thumbu:

Nicky d :)laugh:) is the new Emvall, Warg, Persson etc.

I must say that Urbom is a suprise, why not try Porseland instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad